All reviews observation deck made to order breakfast great hotel eaa museum wedding reception the hotel staff free breakfast cookies outlet mall hot tub clean rooms easy access indoor pool business center air show would stay here again first floor
Reviewed 17 April 2018

We stayed overnight because we were attending a wedding. I always look for Hilton hotels as I'm a Hilton Honor member. This hotel is very clean, warm and welcoming. The king bed was very comfortable with a nice size bathroom. We appreciated the microwave in the room as well. I would recommend this hotel to family and friends who are traveling.

Date of stay: April 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 April 2018

Nice hotel and great location if looking to spend time at the aviation museum. We were assigned a disability room, not sure why - but we appreciated how spacious it was. Bed was low to ground and mattress was very hard - not comfortable, making sleep difficult. All three of us commented on how hard the mattresses were. I felt like I was sleeping on a block of cement. However, the pillows were very soft which was appreciated. Room was very clean and quiet.
The hotel has a bar. Initially the bar was very noisy with boisterous (a.k.a. intoxicated) men) but later in the evening, when we stopped in again, it was quieter and more enjoyable. Bartender was also the food server; she worked very hard, and was pleasant and attentive. There is a food menu, food was just OK and not a lot of variety. We would likely not eat there again for dinner. However, the breakfast buffet was OUTSTANDING! $10.99 and great variety. Though a "buffet", chef would make you anything you wanted and there was a server taking care of you. The omelet was terrific! Sister loved the french toast. All three of us thought the buffet was the best part of our stay.
Overall, good value and nice hotel - we'd stay there again.

Date of stay: April 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 1 April 2018

I was surprised that a hotel actually allowed smoking in the rooms in this day and age. I chose a non-smoking room, but it was not labeled as such and was surrounded by both smoking and non-smoking rooms on the same floor. I am allergic to cigarette smoke, but I did not smell it in my room, thank god.

Date of stay: March 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 19 March 2018

Mostly a positive experience, but when you don't get a good nights sleep, that negative out weighs all the positives.
Positives...
Nice modern hotel. Fairly priced. Good location, friendly staff. very good breakfast. Nice bar on property (but most drinks, old fashioneds, margaritas, etc. made from mixes).
The Negative...
Neither bed in our room was very comfortable (by the way, the room is listed as 2 queens. These were not queen size beds). Both were fairly worn out. Both had low spots in the middle of each (one to the point were you actually fell inward when you laid on the bed). In the morning (after the first night) I contacted the front desk and asked if they could replace the mattress. I was told, they didn't have any replacements, but maintenance would come up (the firmness on these was adjustable) and take a look. The maintenance guy, said he adjusted the firmness and to give it a few minutes and it should be OK. He noted that these were really old and they should be replacing them, but they hadn't started to yet. At first the bed seemed OK, when we tried it after that his adjustment, so we thought all was well. Then, that night, but about 15 minutes after we went to bed, it was back to sagging. Needless to say we did not sleep good that night either.
The was a nice hotel, but if I can't get a good night sleep, why would I stay there? I'm in Oshkosh a few times a year, if they get new beds I'll probably try them again, if not, there are other choices.

Date of stay: February 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Jessica B, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Oshkosh, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2018

Good Evening,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience about your recent stay with us at the Hilton Garden Inn Oshkosh. I am very sorry about all the issues you encountered during your stay with us. I understand how important a good night sleep is and I am very sorry we were unable to meet your expectations in this area. I will share this feedback with our entire team so that we are able to improve in these areas. I hope you consider staying with us again in the future. Please contact me by phone number or email below if there is anything else I can do for you.

Have a wonderful day,

Jessica Baumann
Front Office Manager
P: 920-966-1300
E: Jessica.Baumann@hilton.com

Reviewed 15 March 2018

Near outlet mall. Short drive to downtown, overlooks airport. Probably one of the nicer hotels in Oshkosh . At breakfast here a few times and it was good. Coffee, tea, cocoa available on lobby 24 hours a day. Great mattresses in rooms, mini frig and microwave also.

Date of stay: March 2018