“Nasty Nasty” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #11 of 11 Hotels in Oshkosh
Rowley, Iowa
“Nasty Nasty”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2011

This was the worst Super 8. There were cobwebs on the ceiling. There was grease on the floor. The electric cord to the wall light was taped together. The outlet cover in the bathroom was only half there. There was mold growing in the sink drain. Would not stay here again!!!!

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Rowley_IowaLorrie

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Wilton, Wisconsin
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 February 2011

We went to Oshkosh for one night. We have never had a problem with any super 8 and liked there prices but this super 8 was the worst one I have ever been to. The steps to up stairs was very dirty. The front desk worker was a pregnant women about 7months along. She was telling us that she had to climb on the roof to get the snow off the satalight or there would be no t.v. for anyone in the hotel. I told her that she really didn't look like she should be up on the roof and she said that there was nothing she could do cause she was the only one there. When we got in the room someone had left the window open and the heat on 45. It was very cold. Took hours to heat up that little room. The remote didn't work in the room. Took it down to the front desk and she said they didn't have an extra one and there was nothing she could do. Then at 3am there was alot of people that came to the hotel very drunk and very loud. They were yelling and laughing and talking very loud in the hall way. I called front desk and they said they would take care of it. i watched the lady walk up to the group and 2min later walk back downstairs. I gave it another 20 min and they just got louder. By this time the front desk had 3 other calls from people in the hotel. I called back down the to front desk and told them they needed to get them ppl to there rooms and make them quiet down or I was going to call the cops. I go to a hotel to get sleep.. I talked to the co-manager that morning and he told me that there should not have been a problem so he wanted to take $5.00 off my bill. I just laughed at him and said I would call the main office.. I would not recommend anyone to stay at this hotel.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank adefliger
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2010

We were in town for a tournament which was taking place over the weekend, of course we booked online via Expedia and they messed up our reservation again, every hotel in town was booked! The Super 8 was the only one which found us 1 available room in the area (at a different motel!) for one night and then booked us for the rest of the weekend. I have never seen another hotel work harder to find us other accommodations at another place, so that we could sleep under a roof for one night. That other motel aside, the Super 8 had pretty decent room, (they could use some updating), but for the price and quality of service you can't beat good business people like this. If you're ever in town I recommend this Super 8!

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank rickysha
Midland
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2010

This was not a very nice place. Smelled very bad. Breakfast was virtually non existant. The apples had seen better days and the orange juice? was more like weak freshy. The milk was powdered and watery. Other than that a few package items. The staff was very friendly. Very cheap if you don't mind the rest.

Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Hobbes20
Baltimore
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2010

Uggh. We stayed one night while attending the Oshkosh Irish Fest. The main lobby steps to the second floor looked like that hadn't been vacuumed in a few years. The room had an odd, overwhelming smell that didn't go away, even after turning on the air for several hours. The shower was not clean -- hairs everywhere. The sheets had obviously been slept in -- again, hairs everywhere (I counted over 20 before I went down to the front desk to ask for clean sheets). The pillows were stained and lumpy, probably a few years old. Many stains and cigarette burns (in a non-smoking room) on the carpet, drapes, furniture, etc. Towels and sheets/pillowcases had stains and were threadbare with holes. Luckily, no bugs (that I saw). I am almost appalled that a place would take so little pride in the care and appearance of their rooms. I don't care if the decor is old, but it needs to be clean and everything in good repair!

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple