All reviews pool area la crosse wedding reception north woods log cabin parking ramp large hot tub northwoods theme themed hotel biscuits and gravy lodge feel bunk beds the lower level large group waffles lacrosse area would definitely stay here again
Reviewed 7 October 2017

We had never stayed at a Stoney Creek Hotel before, but the reviews and the price convinced me to make a reservation here. It was a good decision. We enjoyed the northwoods look and feel. The gal at the desk who checked us in made suggestions for good places to eat which we appreciated. The beds were comfortable, the bathroom clean, and the breakfast good. We didn't use the pool area, but I did roam the hotel to see how it was all laid out. It would be a good place for a conference or for kids. Kind of a good place for anything. I will be looking for Stoney Creek Hotels in other locations in our travels now.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Janae T, Public Relations Manager at Stoney Creek Hotel & Conference Center - La Crosse, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2017

JeannetteMichigan, Thank you for sharing your great experience with us. We are happy to see that you enjoyed the hotel as well as the staff. The La Crosse location is in a wonderful setting and does have a great conference space. We look forward to hosting you for another great experience at our various 15+ locations or your special event.

Reviewed 3 October 2017 via mobile

Spent one night in Stoney creeks “northwoods suite” and it was awesome. Staff were very friendly and accommodating. There was plenty of dining and shopping options close by. We will definitely stay here again in the near future

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank bclark20017
Reviewed 22 September 2017

We were looking for a place to put our heads for the night on our way back to Michigan. Based on Trip Advisor recommendation and the low price we selected Stoney Creek. Staff was pleasant and helpful. Room was ample although decorated in a quirky log cabin motif. My wife thought the room cleaning left some thing to be desired. I thought it was fine. The newly refurbished bathroom was SPOTLESS. The best we've seen in a while.

The in room arm chair was less than comfortable which wouldn't have been an issue but for the sciatic nerve attack which made it impossible to lay on the bed. Mattress was also pretty soft. I prefer firm.

Except for a couple in the hallway loudly and profanely sorting out their marital problems at 4:00 a.m., the place was pretty restful.

The complimentary breakfast was a notch above the standard carb loaded hotel offering. Eggs in the steam were freshly made with peppers onions and other vegetables mixed in. Hard boiled eggs were offered along with the standard Belgian waffles, bagels, etc. Breakfast room staff were efficient, friendly and kept the food topped up. We normally go out for breakfast but found it unnecessary.

I'd stay there again. My wife not so much. She must not be the North Woods type. Could be the two carved bears at the entrance were less than welcoming.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Janae T, Public Relations Manager at Stoney Creek Hotel & Conference Center - La Crosse, responded to this reviewResponded 26 September 2017

Jenspa, Thank you for taking the time to share your visit with us and future travelers alike! I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed breakfast and I must add that the eggs with the fire roasted vegetables are one of my favorite offerings as well! My apologies for the noise that caused a disruptive night of sleep for your wife. I will be sure to pass along the comments regarding the hardness of mattress preference to our development team. Although I hope this doesn't keep you from coming back and enjoying another getaway in our Northwoods themed hotel.

Traveler Tip: Check out our whirlpool and fireplace suites they are a definite treat.

Reviewed 11 September 2017 via mobile

I was very impressed with this hotel.
They sent me an email prior to coming to stay asking me if I needed anything.
The hotel itself is very well maintained and the staff is very helpful.
Our room was very spacious as it was the only room on that side of the hall. It was very clean and had a refrigerator and microwave as well.
The rest of the hotel was beautiful with several fireplaces to sit and visit by as well as a pool that is indoor/outdoor with a hot tub inside.
The bar in the hotel is a nice place to gather and has outdoor seating.
I would definitely stay here again.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
Janae T, Guest Relations Manager at Stoney Creek Hotel & Conference Center - La Crosse, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2017

Syxepac, Thank you for the amazing review! So thrilled to see that you enjoyed our rustic decor as well as pool and various fireplaces, it really is a charming property. We are honored to be your go to property. We look forward to hosting you again soon during your nrext visit to the greater La Crosse area.

Reviewed 6 September 2017

We stayed here on our Eclipse road trip in August. Nice atmosphere, nice room. But WiFi didn't work so they gave us a discount in the morning. Otherwise, great service and location and not too expensive. Would recommend.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Janae T, Public Relations Manager at Stoney Creek Hotel & Conference Center - La Crosse, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2017

upstatenewyorker01, Thank you for choosing our brand of hospitality while you were in the La Crosse area for the eclipse. Please accept our apologies for the WiFi outage that you experienced, we will look into the matter and appreciate your feedback. We are happy to hear that our staff made it right with you and we look forward to hosting you again soon.