“Distinctive, delicious and not to be missed!”
Review of Mary Cody's

Mary Cody's
Ranked #42 of 61 Restaurants in Onalaska
Cuisines: American, Gastropub
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Welcome to Mary Cody's Restaurant and Maggie's Lounge, a place where comfort and classic dining meet. Serving breakfast, lunch and dinner, locally renowned chef Mary Cody offers New American cuisine, using high-quality seasonal ingredients prepared in innovative ways, alongside classic American favorites. If you're looking for fine food in a casual, cozy atmosphere, you've found the right place.
Reviewed 7 July 2015

We go often, and everything we try is something special. I especially look forward to the seasonal features and trying the innovative and upscale ways she prepares even the most basic comfort foods. On this visit, I tried the tenderloin. It was set on a demi-glace with a combo of roasted red peppers and blue cheese on top. I requested it cooked medium and it was exactly that. Service was great (love Tammy and Karen) and timely.

Reviewed 14 June 2015

We decided to try something different for our Friday fish restaurant. Well different is what we found and I'm glad we did! Fabulous atmosphere beautifully decorated with a wine flair, right down to the table candles (oil lights in wine bottles). All you can eat fish; we chose baked and battered. The batter was great-light, whipped, nothing heavy or oily at all. Choice of potato was included as was a salad. The Balsamic Vinegarette [made in house] is the one to choose. While there are some good Friday Fish menu's of there, give this one a try. 7:30 at night, after the earlier dinning rush and the restaurant was ours. I'm looking forward to their other home-made specialties and tasties.

Reviewed 7 June 2015

We had been for a cruising Saturday. It was a top down day for sure. Bright sun and comfortable humidity. We and our friends decided to make a whole day of joy riding. After a pleasant day, we decided to try Mary Cody's. The place is very clean and well
appointed. Service was prompt and the server could not have been nicer.
Two of our traveling companions had been there before, and could attest to the establishments prior excellence. Food was prepared with care and served nice and hot. We shared the rhubarb crisp for dessert, also very very good, this night was special as they had a live combo band for entertainment!

Reviewed 6 April 2015

My husband and I recently attended the Pub Dinner at Mary Cody's and what a treat! The dinner was for reserved patrons only, not open to the public, so we got the undivided attention of the staff, Mary and her wine specialist, Jeffrey, who is a native of Wales. He introduced each course with his knowledgable pairings of beer and wine and was spot on with each choice. The food courses were delicious, crostini with maple bacon jam, soy glazed scallops, salad with sliced duck breast, a perfectly done savory meat pie , walleye and braised short rib. And a yummy toffee cake desert paired with a beer!
It was a special evening that introduced us to some new wines and we all had a great time!
Look for this special event on their newsletter!

Reviewed 13 March 2015

My wife and I had not been to Maggie's in a couple of years because of previous bad experiences. Tonight was no better. We started with a drink order. My wife asked for a hard apple cider, the server said all they had was apple beer (Angry Orchard). I ordered Canadian Club and water, she tried to bring me brandy.
We both ordered the fish tacos since these are something that we both enjoy. It was impossible to determine what was in them because everything tasted like the flour tortilla they we made in. Absolutely flavorless and mushy. The salsa and guacamole were both very bland. Probably the worst restaurant meal we've eaten in a long time. Mary a Los need a to do a better job of training her staff.