“Views, Brews and Nachos!”

Two Beagles Brewpub
Ranked #11 of 61 Restaurants in Onalaska
Reviewed 16 August 2016

TB's is a newer place in Onalaska with a show stopping view form the patio. They have a chocolate amber (The chocolate implies it is a dark beer but it isn't as dark as you'd think) is their show stopper. This beer alone is worth the stop. The newer dark stout is nice as well. The kolsch style lagers they have take an acquired taste and the smoky version is fun to try. The nachos were great though the guac didn't have the "fresh" appearance as advertised. The burgers were juicy and fries were good. I was excited about the fennel grilled cheese, but found if it only had a creamy dipping sauce it would have been perfect. It was a bit dry.

Didn't have the server issues, but it did take some time to get water.

Overall, very happy with this place and definitely family friendly. If they just elevate the menu a little bit, this place will be phenomenal.

Reviewed 13 August 2016

A friend and I went there for the first time to try someplace new. It was a hot day around sunset so did not sit outside but had a beautiful view from window. I tried the "Larry" which tasted good at first, but the flavor changed. My companion and I both agreed it wasn't right. Stuck to water after that. We order a pizza which was good. It looks to be popular since a majority of the tables had pizza as well. The inside was beautiful as is the outside of the building. The women's bathrooms was beautifully done as well. Our male server was very good at his job. Plan to come back to try a burger next time, but will stay away from the brew beer.

Reviewed 25 July 2016

I took my mother there last Sunday for lunch. We went around noon, and we should have taken it as a sign when there was only one other couple there. It has a beautiful view of the river, and the architecture inside the building is amazing. We did not try any of the beer, so I really cannot make any judgments on the quality or taste of that aspect.

Service:
The service started out okay, but quickly faltered. It took us about ten minutes to order food, which did come out fairly quickly. But that was the last time we saw our server until we had to ask for the check. My drink sat empty for most of the meal, without the server so much as coming to check up on us. We thought maybe she was busy with other tables. Upon leaving, we realized we were the only customers in the building and outside, with a bunch of employees hanging out at the bar and chatting.

Food:
The menu is small, but it does have quite a few creative options. I had the Mac and Cheese Burger, and my mom had the Smothered Grilled Chicken Sandwich. My mom commented the chicken sandwich was lukewarm, but it wasn't bad. My burger was okay; it wasn't great, but it wasn't terrible. I will give credit to the French Fries though. We both commented that they were pretty good. However, a few hours later, we both became sick. Neither of us had eaten since the prior day, so we knew it had to have been the food we ate here.

Maybe the beer is mind-blowing, but I know we won't be back.

1  Thank Shannon E
Reviewed 13 July 2016

I have visited 2 beagles several times since it opened. Each time I left I felt the experience was enjoyable. The beer is great. The food is ok. I don't really go for the food but it is good. The variety of beer is not huge, but quite satisfying to me. In fact I have developed a favorite and purchased a growler of it. Order a flight of beer to find one that meets your tastes.

Reviewed 6 July 2016

This building overlooking the Mississippi River has a phenomenal view, but it changes hands every few years; I hope the Brewpub makes it this time, but it needs to prove itself. Apparently people rave about Larry's kolsch beer, but I went for the IPA, which was nothing to rave about -- little body, flat, and only 5% alcohol, which makes no sense since most of the others are 5.5% or more. We went for lunch, and sitting on the deck under the roof made it worth it, despite the construction on Hwy 35. My wife ordered the burger with no bun and just the sautéed onions and extra mushrooms. Burger was ok, but no onions and did get the mushrooms for which we paid extra. The waitress recognized the omission, but apparently is not aware that, "Don't worry about it," is not a good reason to actually not bring the onions my wife ordered. I had the Cuban sandwich, which was quite tasty but constructed as though done in a big rush with the processed ham sticking out the side. The sweet potato fries (extra charge) were very good, I must say. So, I have mixed feelings. Lunch menu was pretty limited, so I would be willing to try it again for dinner, choosing a different craft beer. I honestly do hope they make it.