“Very Good Food with River View and Good Service”

The Waters Supperclub
Ranked #3 of 29 Restaurants in New London
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 4 January 2015

I visited The Waters on the recommendation of a hotel clerk. I went on a Friday evening around 6:30 and the place was packed. I waited about 25 minutes for a seat, and although it is winter, it was dark, and cold, I was seated in a room with a view of the Wolf River (which was ice covered). I enjoyed the lights reflecting off the ice, but I also enjoyed the meal. My waitress was friendly and quickly took my order for a Honey Weis beer (on tap). Fish is a special on Fridays and I ordered the Pike, which comes with the salad bar. The restaurant's salad bar could be improved with additional items as it offered only lettuce, croutons, tomatoes (slices), and cucumbers - some olives, beets, perhaps cottage cheese, etc. would definitely make it better. Clam chowder and another soup were also available, and I tried the clam chowder - it was very good. The pike was lightly breaded and mild, and I'd recommend it if you like fish, although there were other fish choices on the menu. My waitress was friendly throughout my visit and so was the cashier. The bottom line was a solid supper club experience.

Date of visit: January 2015

Reviewed 11 November 2014

Our family has ate at this place for many years, and the food offerings never disappoint. The food and drinks are always well priced, and are of great quality as well as the nice river view everyone mentions. The atmosphere is nice day and night with options to sit on the upper level where you can look out a porthole with candle lighting, and the lower level with the river view by the salad bar. I personally recommend their burgers and Sunday chicken specials which have kept our family coming back every month. Summer and warmer months are even better when you can sit on their outside deck overlooking the Wolf River.

Date of visit: November 2014
Reviewed 4 November 2014

We have often chosen to dine at The Waters Supper Club and because of the good food and friendly atmosphere we continue to come back and recommend it to others. The only food item we did not care for is their pizza. Prices are reasonable and service is great!

Date of visit: October 2014
Reviewed 2 July 2014

From your table you get a beautiful views of the river shore. The food is is very good for being a small town restaurant. The salad bar offerings could be a little better but don't worry the the rest of the meal will completely make up for that. I had the lake Perch dinner, my husband the Pike, and my brother the Jumbo Seafood Platter. Potion size if very generous, we were able to finish the meal but didn't have room for dessert. Will be back when in the area again

Date of visit: June 2014
Reviewed 29 June 2014

After a long day of beer tasting My friend and I were looking for a good place to relax and have dinner. We chose The Waters because it was local and we were pretty tired from our day so far. I ordered the prime rib mainly because I had not ordered it in quite a long time. Fairly good salad bar and bar scene with a view of the Wolf River. The wait for our main course was a little longer than usual but when this gigantic piece of prime rib arrived, I totally forgot about it. It was cooked perfectly and was way too much to finish off. I really have to say that I was surprised at how great it tasted and will be back .

Date of visit: June 2014