“Just Delicious”

Cow & Quince
Ranked #1 of 21 Restaurants in New Glarus
Price range: US$6 - US$16
Reviewed 14 November 2015 via mobile

Stopped for lunch today with friends - first visit for 2 of the ladies - I love the new kitchen !!! So happy for you !
I ordered the burger and the soup - it was the best burger I have ever eaten - the crispy onions, the mushrooms and cheese on top of a perfect hand patty - and the pretzel roll - made me a happy girl. The pumpkin soup was so creamy and luscious - two of us had the burger - and the other 2 had the BLT - we all loved the food and great service - even took soup home

Reviewed 31 October 2015

We visited on a Friday night and being Wisconsinite, it was fish for dinner. I had the wild caught coho salmon with parsnip puree and wild mushrooms. Great meal. They had a few well chosen micro brews in bottle to compliment our dinner. Coffee and deserts are great. I believe that they serve dinner only on Fridays, otherwise they are great for breakfast and lunch.

Reviewed 23 October 2015

This place is all about the food, and it is excellent and inventive. Small menu of locally supplied foods allows chef to imaginatively create hearty unique preparations of old and new favorites. Very, very good. Soup was perfectly prepared. Beet and pecan salad excellent. Savory French toast with pork belly, apples, flash-fried spinach, duck egg, etc and maple syrup amazingly tasty. Very rustic space in old converted grocery store, and small selection of local organic foods sold there. Service from Betsy was helpful and attentive.

Reviewed 23 October 2015 via mobile

Unique menu for people with an appreciation for quirky combinations. We had this awesome 'Breakfast Sammy' sandwich. Sounded weird with "...bacon, Edelweiss grass-fed Gouda, butternut squash, aioli,one egg, Madison Sourdough bread, side salad." The flavored worked great together!
You will enjoy meeting owner-hostess Betsy. Stop on in.

Reviewed 19 October 2015

We ate here traveling back home to Iowa after a Packer game. The brioche french toast with pork belly was on of the best things I have ever eaten. Every bite was different and delicious. My husband had the truffle shuffle and also commented it was the best bacon he'd ever had- not to mention the truffle oil! We can't wait to come back!