“Authentic Swiss dishes and friendly staff”

New Glarus Hotel Restaurant
Ranked #4 of 21 Restaurants in New Glarus
Price range: US$9 - US$28
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Enjoy the charm and hospitality of Switzerland without leaving the States! Discover Swiss specialties like Geschnetzeltes, Cheese Fondue à la Neuchatel, Beef Fondue Bourguignonne, Rösti, and more! Pair your meal with your spirit of choice-try one of our wines from the diverse landscape of Switzerland or a locally-brewed hero like Spotted Cow. Dine, drink, and relax in the glow and ambiance of our charming dining room, or experience the New Glarus villagescape against our welcoming interior balcony
Reviewed 24 September 2017

We opted to share the appetizer of traditional Fondue and a cup of Swiss Onion Soup. It also came with the salad bar. Our waitress was very helpful, explaining dishes and making recommendations. The cheese fondue was excellent, piping hot and served with very tasty swiss bread. We did not have an actual main course meal, but left completely full...from what I could see from other diners' plates, portions are very generous. We took desert to go and enjoyed it the next day. Very pleasant and authentic Swiss atmosphere.

Reviewed 11 September 2017

Had a late (1pm) lunch yesterday while attending a local festival in New Glarus . We both ordered off the menu. She had the Applenfelde Rosti and I had the Chicken Rosti.
Her meal had very little bacon, onion, or tomato. The one small slice of tomato had a bad spot on it. The chicken that came with my meal was plentiful but as tough as a old rooster. Best part of both meals was the Rosti that was cooked to perfection.

Reviewed 6 September 2017 via mobile

We have visited this restaurant on several occasions. We always have the fondue, because it's the best!!! They also have great soups and a nice little salad bar. It's our favorite place to eat when in the area. So when in New Glarus and looking for a great place to eat, I highly recommend.

Reviewed 5 September 2017

We were looking for a cute place for a late lunch on an outing to New Glarus with extended family. This fit the bill for charm. Not a lot of lighter options on the menu, and the very small salad bar was kind of expensive, I thought, for what it offered (I think it was $12.95). I had their house French Onion soup which was good, a little light on onions. Everyone had kind of boring lunch - house salad, soup of the day, sandwich, etc. Everything was FINE (more of a 3-star for the food). Our waitress was terrific! Very friendly. It looks like they have live music, which is probably fun.

Reviewed 29 August 2017

We had dinner here after visiting the New Glarus Brewery. The food was very good & authentic. Two of us had spent several years in Germany & said it was like being home again. They give you plenty of food with your dinner. I had the Vegetarian Rösti which was very good & quite a generous portion! It also included a salad bar & the soup of the day which for us was cream of corn. I was surprised how much I loved the soup & would go back just for that! The brewery gave us free drink tickets & this place honored them. Gave us a chance to try another beer which is fun. Our server was very friendly & helpful as well. Glad we stopped here & would recommend it for a great meal!