“Treat Yourself to the Jacuzzi Suite”

Quality Inn Mineral Point
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Mineral Point
Reviewed 25 March 2012

I planned a sightseeing birthday trip for my partner and I really debated about checking into a B&B, a cabin, or a hotel. (A big high five goes out to all of you who write reviews on TripAdvisor since I REALLY relied on your insight!) I finally decided that since our time would be mostly spent outside our room exploring the local sights, I would save the B&B and cabin for another time. But since I wanted something a little more than "the usual" I decided to pay the little extra for a king jacuzzi suite - it was an excellent compromise and well worth the rate hike. My partner was thrilled when he saw the jacuzzi - he's 6'2" so he was happy to be able to soak in a tub his size. In fact, he spent most of our evenings lounging in it with a lazy grin on his face. For the price, we were more than satisfied.

PROS
Excellent price. Our jacuzzi suite was $105 a night. It was well worth it.

Clean with great housekeeping. I'm not neurotically clean, but I do have relatively high standards when it comes to hotels. I brought my own spray bottle of disinfectant for the tub but the room was so clean that I didn't even bother using it. I also liked that the hotel left out little envelopes for tipping housekeeping. We're more than happy to tip for a job well done!

The usual amenities: wi-fi, hot continental breakfast (hard boiled eggs, sausage, muffins, cereal, waffles, mini donuts, juice, coffee, milk, fruit, English muffins), pool, hot tub, in room coffee maker, in room fridge, in room microwave, in room iron and blow dryer, large, flat screen tv.

Location was nice - we explored Mineral Point and Spring Green and we enjoyed the short, scenic drive to and from our hotel.

Quiet. We were lucky to pick a date that was just before Peak season - the shops were up and running, but the bigger local tourist traps (Little Norway, Pendarvis etc) weren't all open.

The staff was excellent. We checked into the hotel at 9:30pm with takeout from the local Chinese food place. The Chinese place didn't pack utensils for us, but the night clerk kindly supplied us with forks and spoons and knives from the breakfast room. Also, our maid kept our room so neat and tidy - we made quite a mess of our towels because of the take out. In addition to not having utensils, we also forgot to grab napkins!

Big, comfy king sized bed with more than enough pillows. I'm a pillow hog, so the pillows are important.

CONS
The pool (which we never used) was in this florescent lit room - and everyone knows that florescent light is nobody's friend. The pool stayed open until 10pm, but the greenish tint to the pool room was so unappealing that we opted to stay out of it. Actually, I never saw anyone swimming while we were there.

Wi-fi was a little sluggish in the evening.

No pay-per-view or cable. Usually this is not on our requirement list, but since we arrived at 9pm, I was really hoping to relax and watch a movie in bed.

Our jacuzzi was pretty loud. This is more of a con for the poor folks who might have reserved rooms around us - luckily, the hotel was deserted when we were there so this wasn't an issue for anyone.

The fridge in our room buzzed most of the night. If you're a light sleeper, you will probably have to unplug it.

The room showed signs of age and use - particularly the pull out couch (we never used it). There were stains and tears on the couch which detracted from the clean, new feeling of the rest of the room. I imagine the stains could have been from previous occupants throwing their wet tub towels over the couch. It didn't bother me too much since we didn't use the couch and I imagine a hotel of this size can't afford to replace its furniture every time it gets a little damaged.

Despite the few CONS, I would definitely book again here. My partner actually asked if we could stay one more night and I know he regrets having to leave his jacuzzi tub behind.

Room Tip: Definitely make sure you book a room away from a jacuzzi suite. Our whirlpool was so loud that I wa...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Lelani S

Reviewed 27 September 2011

We stay at this hotel every time we visit the area and we have great experience everytime. The rooms are very clean and the staff is very courteous and helpful. The morning breakfast has variety of items including make your own waffles. The pool area is also adequate and clean.

Room Tip: I will highly recommend room on the second floor since the view is fantastic.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 August 2011

The hotel was very easy to find as it is outside of Mineral Point. You need transport to get into Mineral Point itself, there is a cylce lane/path that runs just outside. The hotel staff were incredibly helpful and friendly, doing all they could to make sure that we were happy with our stay. The hotel does not have a lift but only has 2 floors so it wasn't a big problem. There was a complimentary buffet style breakfast which was basic, but adequate, with a 24 hour free coffee facility available. The rooms had a fridge and a microwave and there was a subway next door. The pool was lovely and often very quiet. the only things that let the hotel down was a shortage of lobby seating, there were little places to sit of an evening other that your room, especially when the hotel was busy, and the lack of outdoor seating. it would be lovely to ahve some sort of outdoor terrace. It is certainly a hotel I would recommend

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank ktee1
Reviewed 15 August 2011

It doesn't take much to see why this establishment receives the favorable reviews that it does. I regret that I did not write down the name of the front desk clerk on duty during the evening, because he was the dictionary-definition of excellent customer service. He made my visit more pleasant due to his welcoming courtesy and stellar recommendations. Seriously: this person is the model front-desk personality.

Initially, Quality Inn feels a bit remote if you aren't familiar with Mineral Point, sitting among cornfields on the outskirts of town. A combination convenience store/Subway sits next door, and, if I recall correctly, features 24-hour gas pumps. The lodging is located less than two miles from Mineral Point's charming downtown district, and
diagonally across from the beginning of artistically-abundant Shakerag Street.

Quality Inn is a very clean, sizable establishment and I was impressed to learn that it isn't as new as I guessed it to be. My second-floor king-bed room was large, comfortable and very clean. There is no elevator access to the second floor. The wireless internet worked flawlessly.

The pool and spa were a definite plus, although the spa's water temperature was lukewarm and should be adjusted to a higher setting. The hot breakfast was good, and this Choice property featured ham instead of bacon during my visit. The property was very quiet, I slept well and would totally stay here again if I were in the area.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank roadtripphene
Reviewed 10 August 2011

We really liked this one. Rooms were very clean. They had a small pool and hot tub area that was very nice. Continental breakfast was nice too. Short drive to area attractions. The staff was very pleasant and helpful.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
33.5 km away
Spring Valley Inn
Spring Valley Inn
#1 of 6 in Spring Green

Been to Quality Inn Mineral Point? Share your experiences!