“Enjoyable visit. ”
Review of La Masa

La Masa
Reserve with OpenTable
La Masa is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #120 of 1,670 Restaurants in Milwaukee
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Service was quick and efficient. I really appreciate the menu staying true to empanadas. Other than a few sandwiches the offering was more than a dozen empanadas including a few desert ones. We ordered 2 of the Trio platters that includes a side. All of the empanadas were good. I'm particularly found of vegetable ones. I find they have more interesting flavor and texture than meat dishes like this. We had the fries (cold unfortunately) and jicama slaw (great). My only real complaint is the happy hour deals changed, but the website wasn't updated so we went expecting one kind of deal, but had to settle for another. No more select $2 empanadas (regular price of $3 and $4). Beer was 1/2 price rather than $2 off. We were told several times it was "a much better deal" which always makes me suspect when they have to sell the deals. And its not a better deal for those who don't drink.
Finally the bill was confusing with the beer being discounted in a weird way I won't try to explain since I'm still not sure. I was told this was done because the computer wasn't updated with the new pricing yet. How about you don't change pricing till your website and computers are updated to avoid customers leaving feeling a bit uncertain.

Reviewed 2 October 2018

I have talked up La Masa across the globe. The different "special" empanadas are always a treat, and make La Masa a 'must stop' every time I'm close to MKE. Their house sangria is so good - which is from a tap - that I will allow myself a glass, even over lunch on a work day.

Reviewed 11 September 2018

We haven't had empanadas that were this good since we were in Argentina! And at $3 or $4 per empanada, we were able to try a few varieties, which were all delicious. They even had a few vegetarian empananda options. The salads were also very good.

Reviewed 22 August 2018 via mobile

I stumbled on this place during a recent business trip to Milwaukee. They had a great happy hour on drinks and empanadas, and OMG were the empanadas good! My server/bartender Eric recommended several to me, and each one was better than the last. I actually had to order a second batch after my first serving. In my first go-round, I tried the jalapeño and cheese, the Argentine beef and the chorizo and black bean. Soooo delicious. My favorite among those was the jalapeño and cheese because I love spicy. After a brief respite, I took Eric’s advice and tried both the mushroom truffle Parmesan and carnitas verde. Both A-plus, with the mushroom topping out at an A-plus cubed! Mouth-wateringly delicious if you like mushrooms. I could have eaten three more!

The only negative part is that it made me sad that I don’t live in Milwaukee ... yet!

Reviewed 21 August 2018 via mobile

This is a wonderful experience for great empanadas and a social meal to share with family and friends. Nine people, 36 empanadas, one left over and under $95.