County Clare Irish Inn and Pub
US$158
US$148
US$175
  • Breakfast included
Comfort Suites Milwaukee - Park Place(Milwaukee)(Great Value!)
US$77
US$63
ComfortSuites
US$154
US$218
US$148
Home2.com
The Iron Horse Hotel(Milwaukee)
US$218
  • Pool
US$132
US$120
  • Pool
All reviewsbrady streetwhirlpool tubpot roastroot soupmeatloafcorporate hotelbloody marysmall hotellake michiganmilwaukee art museumfree breakfaststandard roomthird floorcharming hotelnext morningexcellent breakfasthotel guests
Reviewed 29 January 2012

My wife and I have been visiting the County Clare B & B for many years and it’s been one of our favorite places to for an overnighter in Milwaukee. We stayed there in January with another couple, celebrating our 62nd birthdays with my old buddy Gary and our wives. I made reservations on- line instead with no problems. The check-in process was good- Jill has also been there for many years. The rooms were fine although we noticed for the first time that the TV’s are quite old- it’s probably time for an upgrade to flat screen TV’s. The bar was busy although no live music that Saturday night. Apparently they have live music on Thursdays and Fridays.
There was a disturbance in the hall during the wee hours of the morning. Someone kept coming to a room down the hall asking to be let in or something. We should have called the front desk but I wasn’t alert enough. We asked when we checked out and were told there is always someone on duty- so we could have minimized the problem by calling. There is a sign right outside the elevator asking guests to be quiet and considerate but there is only so much that can be done by the management.
Breakfast has changed from the full Irish breakfast brought to your table to a made-to- order egg service. They also have sausage, potatoes, break of toast, juice, coffee, etc. but you basically pick what you want and take it to your table. They then bring the egg dish to your table when it’s ready. I prefer table service but this must be more cost effective. Parking is always a potential issue here but if you can’t find a spot in the lot you simply double-park and leave the keys at the desk- and they manage it from there.
So things could be a little better but we always enjoy our stay and keep coming back. It’s also convenient to all East Side activity in Milwaukee.

Room Tip: Ask if they have any flat screen TV's- not sure. Also, be aware of the bar/music activity when thinking about where your room is located.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank DonnieOshkosh
Reviewed 29 January 2012

We stayed at the County Clare Irish Inn based on recommendations of a friend, and confirmed through TripAdvisor. We were not disappointed. We checked in early evening and made a reservation for dinner. Our room was toward the back of the Inn, and we commented on how quiet it was. The room was cold when we checked in, but warmed up quickly. However, I'm not convinced that the thermostat is linked to bodies in the room (as stated). We were gone at least for 90 minutes for dinner and it was still running when we came back. The bed was comfortable, but the pillows were a bit too hard for your taste. The shower was very nice, but the soap dispenser in the shower was either out of soap or not working. We had a back-up bar we used. I would have liked a way to pull the shades on the single window without blacking out the room. I enjoy waking up to outside light, and that wasn't possible with the black-out shades.

Dinner was the highlight of the trip. The pot roast and fish fry were both excellent. Service was also excellent, and we'll recommend requesting a table in the saints snug by the (real) wood burning stove. The following morning, we had omelets and they were big but a bit dry.

We asked for a delayed check out, and were given an extra hour. It would have been nice to have until 1 pm. All staff were friendly and competent. We stayed for the Friday evening special, and the $99 price was competitive with other accomodations.

Overall, I would recommend to others.

Room Tip: 203 was quiet and toward the back of the hotel.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 January 2012

Even though we were in Milwaukee for just one night, we wished we could have stayed at the County Clare Irish Inn much longer. We appreciated the central location in a neighborhood with lots of character (one could spend a day just walking around this historic area). The staff, the accommodations, and the food were excellent. Our room on the top floor included a gabled window with all of the bathroom facilities separated from the bedroom area with a traditional white fence. Our dinner in the Pub was delicious, with my only regret being that I didn't ask to be seated in the Snug by the fireplace. It truly made us feel like we were back at the Pub in Fenore on the west coast in Ireland.

Room Tip: Rooms on the third floor include a gabled window, adding a nice touch to the ambiance!
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank WaltzingDot
Reviewed 6 December 2011

We had a wonderful four days in Milwaukee and were delighted by our accommodations at County Clare Irish Inn. The warm fire in the evenings was cozy, the complimentary breakfasts were great, and the restaurant was a nice alternative for dinner on the nights we did not care to go out. Clean, warm, welcoming. We highly recommend it.

Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank MaryLouLfromStPaul
Reviewed 28 November 2011

The County Clare is definitely on our list of "to return to". First I'd like to share that when I called explaining that I was entertaining the idea of staying in Milwaukee but wanted to check rates since it was an option and not a need - they absolutely accommodated us. Out of fairness for their business I will not post the rate that they gave us, but let me say that we were thrilled! We had a bottle of champagne that came with the reservation as well. The room was clean, comfortable and cozy. Had my better half not been on a mission to find the Safehouse (another "must go), I could have stayed in all night! We had a BEAUTIFUL hot tub and parking right outside the hotel. The staff greeted us with fresh made cookies at the counter, upon checking in - which they were literally taking off the cookie sheet right there. Their pub was quaint and warming. We enjoyed a Guinness with a shot of espresso vodka. It was the perfect "pick me up" drink after a long weekend, and just what we needed while heading into another whirlwind of excitement (Packer's vs Minnesota game - next day!). We walked downtown and never needed a cab. In fact this week would be beautiful on that same journey, with the Christmas lights in the parks. One of the most inspiring reason's for our return is that the owner was there the whole time! He was helping out everywhere. We even ran into him bringing down linens to someone from our floor! I am a sucker for people that take direct care and ownership of their business. The breakfast was delicious and I'm still looking forward to my next cup of coffee when we return. If you enjoy a traditional Irish decor, cozy rooms, whirlpool bathtubs and extremely reasonable pricing - this hotel may be just what you are looking for. I could have easily stayed in the room all night and read a book. In fact the next time we stay, I will be certain to spend a bit more time with a good read and that hot bath! We'll be back for sure.

Room Tip: It seems that all of the rooms have hot tubs. The only upgrade I can think of on a room would be a suite - but unless you are someone that needs a LOT of space, it is unnecessary. They are fairly sized.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple