“Fresh, delicious breakfast in unexpected forms”
Review of Comet Cafe

Good for: Local cuisine, Bar Scene
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Lunch, Dinner
Neighbourhood: Lower East Side
Reviewed 30 September 2018

Hipster restaurant with twists on old diner favorites. Our waiter was very nice, the food was fresh and tasty, and I probably wouldn’t go back because I like my diner favorites just so. For instance, I love corned beef hash. Here there's a burrito with corned beef, hash browns, scrambled eggs and cheese, with a bit of sriracha sauce on top. The corned beef was so good even my friend who doesn't like corned beef liked it. But I'd rather have eggs my way, and jam is easier to spread on toast than a flour tortilla. It's not a knock on a good restaurant that's trying different things, it's an indictment of me, a traditionalist when it comes to breakfast.

Reviewed 28 September 2018 via mobile

If you are looking for something different then look no more. Comet Cafe in Milwaukee is your kind of place. I enjoyed the eggs Benedict with a twist pepper cheese and avacado so good. Our daughter had the meatloaf omelette I will be getting that next time!! Only negative sometimes the wait can get a bit long. But the great staff keeps things moving.

Reviewed 24 September 2018 via mobile

Comet Cafe has to be the coolest place in the area.. so freakin good. Huge portions
and nice prices. Cool and fridndly staff.
Helpful and gave you a smile even.

Reviewed 23 September 2018 via mobile

Interesting menu. All were very good offerings and it was hard to choose so did a double breakfast. Awesome French toast and superb avocado eggs Benedict. Nice blend off java too. Super friendly efficient service and comfortable atmosphere, Even for us middle aged folks rubbing elbows with the millennials

Reviewed 16 September 2018 via mobile

First time there for breakfast and using others advice I ordered the Chicken and biscuit. Picture a crispy chicken breast on a deep fried biscuit covered with sausage gravy. I added 2 fried eggs, a good addition. The hash browns were nice a crispy. All in all a wonderful breakfast. The waiter refilled my coffee several times without being asked. We will be back and next time I will ask for additional gravy to go with that deep fried biscuit.