“Perfect Dinner”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 14 October 2017

We stopped here for dinner on a Friday night before a show. The restaurant is a bit smallish and crowded, but I prefer to describe the environment as intimate. After drinks, we enjoyed outstanding minestrone soup and a huge Caesar salad (even the 'half' salad is large). My wife's Linguine alla Pescatore was classic, with a huge scallop on top. My rigatone con Bolognese featured really fresh, truly 'al dente' pasta. We followed this with home-made gelato (caramel/salt/pistachio) that shouted 'old-country.' We told our server, Michelle, we needed to be out for a show and she hustled and bustled to make that happen. She and a team of co-servers were wonderfully attentive, friendly and personable. There's lots of other stuff on the menu I'd love to try. This is truly an outstanding restaurant. Glad we finally got there. Our next trip will be much sooner than our first was.

Reviewed 4 October 2017

Seated promptly at a small table for 2. Server took order for beverage and dinner. Server brought beverage and some hot bread. He returned with the small garden salad with raspberry vinaigrette. Just as salad was finished he brought the junior pizza with tomato sauce and cheese. It was piping hot. Both salad and pizza were delicious. No desert was ordered. Server brought check and handled payment promptly.

Reviewed 4 October 2017 via mobile

OK, the build-up may have been too much for a city known for beer and German food. We were given a recommendation of great Italian. It was good, not great. Nice atmosphere, decent wine list and service was fine. The place had a good crowd and is loud, others certainly will not agree with this review, for us it was a little disappointing.

The menu states Milwaukee's best meatballs. Just our opinion, they were good size but small on flavor. Lasagna was average, the prices were high for the quality.

Reviewed 2 October 2017

Ate outside as it was a pleasant evening.
Ordered Mozzarella Marinara (menu states they are thick cut mozzarella rolled in breadcrumbs and implies homemade) they were frozen sticks..disappointment #1. Ordered the award winning meatballs...disappointment #2. The gnocchi was okay but nothing spectacular.
Homeless guy that wouldn't leave us alone and the staff laughing it off capped the evening.
Do not recommend as there are too many other choices in downtown.

Reviewed 27 September 2017 via mobile

I am always looking for homemade noodles in my travels, and I found a great place for Italian in Milwaukee.
The homemade mozzarella sticks were pencil-thin but light, I asked for marinara on the side. They were tasty but average.
As a vegetarian it's difficult to find soup made from veggie stock but they had homemade minestrone. It was chock full of veggies! I had a bowl and their homemade bread, it was heaven on a chilly evening!
My friend had the Capellini Alla Caprese, the first few bites were good but it became "thick" and a bit pasty. I tried as well and thought it really tasty but didnt have to eat a whole dish of it.
Service was quick and friendly!