“bad attitude and service by both the server and manger (Christmas Day”
Review of Alioto's

Alioto's
Ranked #497 of 1,630 Restaurants in Milwaukee
Price range: US$0 - US$20
Cuisines: Italian, Seafood, Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 26 December 2017

server was very rude--when he finally took our order it took over 30 min. just to get our soup--(I actually timed it)--we sat there at least another 30 mins only to have our server come back and say our order was "lost"--how do you lose an order for 13 people!!! so he took our order again--this time they were out of one of the meals I said we better be compensated the server replied its not my fault were out of it--I told him I wasnt talking just about that but the wait for the soup--losing the whole order--the bad attitudes they were going to charge my nephew a plate charge--he wasnt even going to eat!!! I complained to the manger who came to our table and gave us a lecture on CHristmas and thats it busy--thanks Mr. the attitude of our server changed slightly but by this time it was too late--a few had there coats on when the food finally came when he was going through getting the dessert orders which came out very fast --we were so disgusted we didnt even leave a tip nothing--Im not going to pay someone to be treated as badly as we were--
I forgot to mention he never introduced himself or took a drink order or asked if we wanted appitizers

also about 5 days before Christmas I called to add one more person--when we checked in the manger said I hope you didnt bring any more people cause we wont be able to add them

Not a very nice way to spend Christmas day!!!

of course we will never be back

Reviewed 15 November 2017

The leadership of the Wisconsin Judo organization has held its annual Hall of Fame dinner at Alioto's for several years now. Adequate space for a good sized group, and a separate event room with its own bar. The pre-set, catered, food selection provided for this event is very good. Good enough that I always hope to return, so I can try their regular menu in the restaurant.

Reviewed 2 October 2017

Part of a group that meets once per month at Alioto's in one of their event rooms. The room has a built-in cash (or hosted) bar service, usually set with a small table for hors 'doeuvres, and dinning area set with rounds of 8, plus a podium/mic set up at the front of the room. The numbers range from 40-60 guests. The room is ready upon arrival, bar service and staff are friendly, washrooms are close by and clean. Menu changes each month.

Reviewed 1 June 2017 via mobile

We were visiting Milwaukee for a mini reunion and decided to eat dinner here. The host who seated us was delightful....very friendly. The server was a bit put out that we wanted separate checks, but he made it work. He was confused when bringing the food to the table about who ordered what, but we figured it out. One at our table got the wrong side dish, but decided to eat it, rather than send it back. Some in our group ordered steak and it was very good. The crab stuffed shrimp was more bread than anything else, but was tasty. Cooked carrots were good, as were the fries and potatoes. Server had difficulty making change. Could be why he bristled at separate checks. The food was very good, but a bit pricey. Yes, we would go back again, despite some of the errors.

Reviewed 23 May 2017

First, the 'fish' picture at the top of this page, is NOT for the Alioto's Italian restaurant in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. It is for a fish place in San Francisco, California. I'm not sure how many people thought they were reviewing one, meaning the other.

Alioto's on Mayfair in Milwaukee, Wisconsin has a long history as a family friendly Italian restaurant, although our visits are always for their year round Friday Night Fish Fry. If we are visiting Milwaukee on a Friday night, we'll be at Aliotos. And it is always PACKED! I would recommend reservations, especially if you have a bigger party. You can hang out in the bar, and enjoy a cocktail and popcorn while waiting to be seated.

We've had as few as six to our most recent of 14. Service is always great and the food is good and always consistent. For the Friday fish fry you can choose cod, or for a bit of an uncharge, lake perch. You can't go wrong with either!

1  Thank llk1020

Been to Alioto's? Share your experiences!