“A trip to Milwaukee ALWAYS included Aliotos”
Review of Alioto's

Alioto's
Ranked #473 of 1,630 Restaurants in Milwaukee
Price range: US$0 - US$20
Cuisines: Italian, Seafood, Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 23 May 2017

First, the 'fish' picture at the top of this page, is NOT for the Alioto's Italian restaurant in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. It is for a fish place in San Francisco, California. I'm not sure how many people thought they were reviewing one, meaning the other.

Alioto's on Mayfair in Milwaukee, Wisconsin has a long history as a family friendly Italian restaurant, although our visits are always for their year round Friday Night Fish Fry. If we are visiting Milwaukee on a Friday night, we'll be at Aliotos. And it is always PACKED! I would recommend reservations, especially if you have a bigger party. You can hang out in the bar, and enjoy a cocktail and popcorn while waiting to be seated.

We've had as few as six to our most recent of 14. Service is always great and the food is good and always consistent. For the Friday fish fry you can choose cod, or for a bit of an uncharge, lake perch. You can't go wrong with either!

1  Thank llk1020

Reviewed 13 March 2017

Went with a group of 9 friends from my work some retired some from different areas of the hospital that we are all employed at. Co-worker suggested this place said that the food was good the last time they were here.. We were the 2nd to arrive at the restaurant as were all meeting at the bar before heading to our reserved table for 9 people at 6pm. Our Friends that were already there had drinks already 1 with a soda other with a Bloody Mary of which she said was at least 1/2 vodka and the rest was some horrible mix that tasted very old I suggested returning it and she said that she would just try to choke it down. So myself and my husband both decided to go with Tap beers but that took about 10 minutes as the bartender was doing something and apparently we were not important enough to serve at that point even though there was only 3 other people at the bar. Our remaining friends starting arriving shortly there after all getting there drinks none of them appeared to be too happy with their selections ,drinks were to strong or too sweet or not made right. We decided to go to our table and about 10 minutes out waiter came out handed out menus and left We sat around and talked a bit and it was probably about 15 minutes and he came back and asked if we would like some water. Still don't know his yet . Came back with water meanwhile pretty much everyone's drinks were empty and he asks us if we know what we want to order. So One our friends asked him what his name is and he gets all bucky like its an inconvenience to tell us it... Not looking good I am thinking . So we order our food and he starts walking away and another coworker says to him hey could you maybe get us some drinks ?and he walks away like he didn't even hear him...so the service does suck ... Now for the food ... The RIBS are worst thing I have ever eaten in my life they tasted like they sat in the bottom of a pan in a refrigerator for a month with no cover... the sauce was a congealed glob on top that also tasted at least a month old . The salad was iceberg lettuce with brown stem ends and wilted old chunks the dressing was awful . I really don't know how this place stays in business. I ordered a whole rack of ribs and ended up throwing them out in our burn pile when we got home so that the crow could enjoy them. I still can smell that awful smell of those ribs 2 month later

Reviewed 6 November 2016

the food was not very good both my cousin and myself had Sicilian Steak it had no taste to it at all. My father in laws steak was really tough. My husband and daughter
had the salmon which they really enjoyed. I was very disappointed.

Reviewed 23 October 2016

Alioto's has been there forever. While visiting family, we went for their Friday night perch dinner and it was as great as I remember some 20 yrs ago. The parking lot was full and we were glad we had made reservations. We were seated at once and service was quick and efficient.
We will return again on our next visit.

Reviewed 19 October 2016

this was a family lunch post funeral event
service was the best
all the food was very delicious
a traditional atmosphere....very much Milwaukee....and great

1  Thank Jim B

Been to Alioto's? Share your experiences!