“Great tour! ”

Lakefront Brewery
Ranked #5 of 155 things to do in Milwaukee
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: On December 2nd, 1987, brothers Russ and Jim Klisch opened Lakefront Brewery and sold their first batch of Riverwest Stein Amber Lager to a neighborhood tavern in Milwaukee. We have grown to brew 46,848 barrels of beer in 2017 and distribute our products to 35 states, Canada, Ukraine, Japan, Korea, Sweden and Australia. Lakefront Brewery was the first certified organic brewery in America, the first brewery to produce a government-approved, gluten-free beer and the first indigenous beer using all Wisconsin grown ingredients. We currently produce 20+ year-round and seasonal beers as well as our innovative one-off My Turn Series which gives each of our full time employees a chance to choose a style we've never brewed. Beer aside, Lakefront is also known around the country for their highly entertaining and sought-after brewery tours.
Reviewed 21 January 2018 via mobile

Fun little tour. Generous samples. I would recommend. Went with couples before going out for dinner.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,628)
All reviews
"mini tour"
in 27 reviews
"brew tour"
in 22 reviews
"the beer making process"
in 16 reviews
"different beers"
in 30 reviews
"brewing process"
in 41 reviews

Reviewed 15 January 2018 via mobile

We went on a Saturday afternoon as walkups. On line they say tour tickets are sold online only on Saturdays. We got into a mini tour which took us above the brewery. 4 beers of our choice in a 6oz glass we traded in for a large glass when we left. We had a great tour guide. It was a perfect 30 min. tour. Well worth taking the chance and walking in. There is lots of parking on the street. Not Avery big lot. We saw plenty of families with young kids. Very friendly big old brick beer hall. Go. And keep whatever tokens you have left for the next time in.

Reviewed 14 January 2018 via mobile

I came to this facility once before and loved the place. So I took my friend here again and we had a great time as always. But this time it was different since I lost a ring that had been in the family for a very long time. One of the staff found it and returned it to me when I came to the facility asking them if they have found a ring.
I’m so grateful for your honesty. Thank you Lakefront staff and management.

Reviewed 13 January 2018 via mobile

We loved the building! They transformed a old power station into a brewery. The tour is 11$ a person , you get four tokens , which gets you 4 beers. Make sure you keep the plastic glass , you will get a nice glass from the gift shop at the end of the tour. The tour itself is more like a standup comedy show, very entertaining. They also have a nice restaurant and a big bar. You definitely need to stop here if you’re in Milwaukee!

See more reviews
Reviewed 13 January 2018

Great experience, good food and amazing beer selection. I don't recall the name of my dish. It was mac n cheese with a pork coma mixed in. There was BACON, HAM and PULLED PORK! The amount of pork was nearly overwhelming (but I managed). If one is searching for the definitive WI food the mac n cheese n cheese n cheese with pork is it. My wife had the North Woods Salad and was very pleased. Note, the bartenders will give you a sample of ale or beer if you ask.