“Great place and great staff!!”
Review of Lakefront Brewery

Lakefront Brewery
Ranked #5 of 155 things to do in Milwaukee
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: On December 2nd, 1987, brothers Russ and Jim Klisch opened Lakefront Brewery and sold their first batch of Riverwest Stein Amber Lager to a neighborhood tavern in Milwaukee. We have grown to brew 46,848 barrels of beer in 2017 and distribute our products to 35 states, Canada, Ukraine, Japan, Korea, Sweden and Australia. Lakefront Brewery was the first certified organic brewery in America, the first brewery to produce a government-approved, gluten-free beer and the first indigenous beer using all Wisconsin grown ingredients. We currently produce 20+ year-round and seasonal beers as well as our innovative one-off My Turn Series which gives each of our full time employees a chance to choose a style we've never brewed. Beer aside, Lakefront is also known around the country for their highly entertaining and sought-after brewery tours.
Reviewed 14 January 2018 via mobile

I came to this facility once before and loved the place. So I took my friend here again and we had a great time as always. But this time it was different since I lost a ring that had been in the family for a very long time. One of the staff found it and returned it to me when I came to the facility asking them if they have found a ring.
I’m so grateful for your honesty. Thank you Lakefront staff and management.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,628)
All reviews
"mini tour"
in 27 reviews
"brew tour"
in 22 reviews
"the beer making process"
in 16 reviews
"different beers"
in 30 reviews
"brewing process"
in 41 reviews

Reviewed 13 January 2018 via mobile

We loved the building! They transformed a old power station into a brewery. The tour is 11$ a person , you get four tokens , which gets you 4 beers. Make sure you keep the plastic glass , you will get a nice glass from the gift shop at the end of the tour. The tour itself is more like a standup comedy show, very entertaining. They also have a nice restaurant and a big bar. You definitely need to stop here if you’re in Milwaukee!

Reviewed 13 January 2018

Great experience, good food and amazing beer selection. I don't recall the name of my dish. It was mac n cheese with a pork coma mixed in. There was BACON, HAM and PULLED PORK! The amount of pork was nearly overwhelming (but I managed). If one is searching for the definitive WI food the mac n cheese n cheese n cheese with pork is it. My wife had the North Woods Salad and was very pleased. Note, the bartenders will give you a sample of ale or beer if you ask.

Reviewed 7 January 2018 via mobile

Fun brewery tour with lots of delicious beers. They also have live music and fish fry Friday’s. Also, delicious cheese curds with a deal on Monday’s.

See more reviews
Reviewed 4 January 2018

If you're looking for an entertaining, fun, informative, and interactive brewery tour, this is for you! Each tour guide we've had has hilarious - yes, we've been on it multiple times. We bring family or friends here so they can experience the fun of this place. Besides the tour, which is worth it by itself, they have a very large taproom area, and a spectacular "beer garden" situated at the back of their brewery, right along the river. The taproom is great for visiting in the cold months, and the beer garden area is a great place to just sit, drink, and relax after your tour, or even if you didn't take the tour. For Brewers fans, they have Bernie's Beer Mug and Chalet from the old County Stadium - yes, the actual mug and chalet. And, if you're floating down the river on a kayak, canoe, or boat, you can hook up out back and come ashore to join in the fun everyone else is having as you pass by. Not really a tour for kids, which they tell you right on their website.