“A unique, tasty experience”
Review of The Eatery - CLOSED

The Eatery
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 27 August 2013

Definitely a place to visit in Milwaukee! The brunch is great and they serve local coffee. They have great infused vodka Bloody Mary's and tons of unique food. However, it's the service and atmosphere that really wins here. I have never had a bad server, only exceptional servers!

Reviewed 24 July 2013 via mobile

We started our day with a brewery tour and we were given coupons for a free beer at The Eatery after the tour, so that's were we went. So glad we did, the food was spectacular!

I had the hangover burger with house chips and it was fantastic. My wife had the portobello mushroom sandwich, that she loved and our son had a regular cheeseburger with home fries that was also excellent. The portions are huge and we didn't really need to eat dinner that night, pair that with a couple of free beers and it was a great meal.

They have a very nice patio and we were seated quickly. Our server came by and took our drink order immediately and she made some great food recommendations since it was our first time eating here. She was friendly, personable and very attentive throughout our lunch. The service all around was really excellent, we will definitely be back to The Eatery some time soon!

1  Thank bass-fan
Reviewed 7 June 2013

I enjoyed a good breakfast here this morning. I got there early, which was a good thing because lots of folks showed up soon after. The one lone server was literally running until reinforcements arrived. All things considered my visit was very good; the meal was very good and the prices were right. Beautiful patio will be nice when the temps moderate a bit.

Reviewed 6 May 2013

This was my second time at The Eatery and I came back based on a great experience the first time around. First time I was here, my friends and I had breakfast and it was outstanding, creative, made fresh and with love.

This time around, we came out for a quick bite to eat before heading out to friend's birthday party. It was 4 of us and the place was pretty empty so we figured the service would be quick too. Our server was a bit flustered and kept running in and out asking cooks questions about items on the menu we wanted to order and finding out whether they could substitute things or made modifications (ex. no onions, baked potato instead of french fries). Anyways, afrer good amount of time spent on squearing away our order, we finally received our meals. My friends had different sandwiches all of which looked good and they seemed to enjoy them. Two of my friends had some hair on their plates (looked like pet hair). They're not real fussy so they just picjed them out and continued eating (the hair didn't touch their food)

I, on the other hand, rememered seeing a picture on their Facebook page which had a pork belly featured on it and it looked fabulous. So that's what I went with.
Let me tell you something, don't be fulled by the size of this baby. It's listed under appetizer and comes on a bed of wild rice with caramelized onions. This thing was devine and probably has about 2,000 calories in it, but that's not the point. The point is the amazing flavor. It was cooked to perfection and not ridiculously fatty. There was plenty of meat on it and it was really crispy on the outside. The rice had a really unique smoky flavor to it and I really enjoyed the dish.

I would definitely come back here again, but now I know the service can be hit or miss at this place.

Reviewed 26 March 2013

My husband and I enjoyed our breakfast at the Eatery. The place was empty when we arrived late morning so we were a littler worried but the food measured up. The menu has some different choices which I always like to look for including housemade duck sausage. I had deep fried bread pudding with wil berries. It was basically dessert for breakfast, not too wavy despite what you might think and it came to the table piping hot. My hubby had a breakfast bagel with eggs, duck sausage and cream cheese which was good too and also piping hot. Coffee was good enough that he took some to go. Staff was friendly and pleasant. Would like to try it for lunch or dinner sometime.