“You won't leave hungry or empty-handed”

Dom and Phil De Marini's Pizza
Ranked #320 of 1,630 Restaurants in Milwaukee
Cuisines: Italian
Neighbourhood: Bay View
Neighbourhood: Bay View
Reviewed 8 July 2016

I like to eat Italian food in a family-style restaurant. When visiting Milwaukee, our son suggested we eat at DeMarinis, nearby in his Bay ridge neighborhood.

Although I understand DeMarinis is known for its pizza, but the four of us were in the mood for regular entrees. I opted for the rigatoni and sausage, while my wife had the chicken ravioli. Our son had the large order of linguini and clams (with white sauce), while my daughter-in-law chose the large order of lasagna. Some of the entrees come in large and larger sizes while all dinners come with bread, butter, and salad. Prices vary from $8.25 to $13.00.

Service was fast and efficient after we placed our order. Like many family style Italian eateries, the amount of food was overwhelming, enough for two meals with a doggie bag. All dishes were very good and served piping hot.

We definitely will put this place on our to-do list when we visit Milwaukee again.

Reviewed 2 July 2016

Title:. The Pizza is Prime

I can't speak to the entire menu -- we ordered a large, carryout pizza, but I can tell you the pizza should be on Milwaukee's Top Ten list. The thin, crispy crust is topped with a generous splash of sweet and savory tomato sauce and plenty of gooey mozzarella cheese. We ordered sausage and fresh mushroom toppings, which thickly covered the entire pizza, edge-to-edge. Because the toppings are so thickly applied, the pizza, especially the two center pieces, can be a bit messy, so plan to use an extra napkin or two. Time savers tip:. Don't wait for the hostess to pick up your pie. Just head directly to the bar and pay the bartender. Little De Marini's carryout pizza is truly a "finger-licking good" home dining experience.

Reviewed 13 June 2016 via mobile

Living in Elkhorn we don't get into Milwaukee as much as we would like to. But my fiance found this Italian spot for some amazing pizza. We arrived before they officially opened for the day but we're still able to sit outside and enjoy a couple adult beverages untill they did. Once opened, we enjoyed a pizza that was made without red sauce. And now have a new favorite type of pizza. One with an amazing mozzarella cheese sauce as a base. Highly recommend this place as they have a full menu of other Italian foods.

Reviewed 28 April 2016 via mobile

We really enjoyed our pizza. Thought the crust was awesome! The decor was quite outdated but if I am being served a good pie I can overlook this. The server was very friendly! I will be back!

Reviewed 7 March 2016

We stopped here for a bite to eat before a show in Bayview as we had heard great things from other locals. The pizza was delicious and the crust was different, in a good way- both crispy and soft somehow!
I will say the atmosphere has that "up north Wisconsin diner" feeling - as in very mismatchy, relaxed and informal. The service was friendly and we had no complaints.