“Hands Down Best Hotel in Milwaukee!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Iron Horse Hotel

Iron Horse Hotel
Ranked #1 of 56 Hotels in Milwaukee
LaOtto, IN
“Hands Down Best Hotel in Milwaukee!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 February 2012

Where do I start? We parked our bikes in the covered and well lit motorcycle parking and when we walked in the front door we were each greeted with warm and smiling faces eager to assist us with any aspect of our stay AND they handed each of us a fresh Tequila Sunrise! The rooms were so clean and tidy I felt right at home. The lighting and decor was modern but felt very warm and comfortable. The bathroom was exquisite and the shower was absolutely fabulous. We traveled over 600 miles in one day to Milwaukee and we were all covered in road grime and in were serious need of a shower. After the other three took their showers I took mine and literally stayed in the shower blasting the hot water for over an hour and never did the water get cold! I could have slept in the shower and been happy with my stay! The hotel is extremely dog friendly which makes me totally happy although we didn't bring our dog with us we will bring him on another stay. We saw many dogs in various sizes in all areas of the hotel bu not once did we see a hair or hear so much as a bark the entire stay. Next to the elevators there is a communal bowl of water and food along with some treats and a chalkboard with all of the dog's names that are staying in the hotel that day. Both of the restaurants had awsome food and drinks and the staff was extremely accomodating and happy to see us. The breakfast buffet was wonderfully surprising with an abundance of items which were served at the appropriate temperatures. The nightlife there at the hotel was always abundant but not disruptive and all of the guests were respectful of the hotel and the other patrons. We have absolutely no complaints about this hotel and plan on staying there many more times. In fact, my husband and I plan on taking a trip to just stay in the hotel for a romantic weekend getaway. if you're in Milwaukee, you have to stay here. If you don't, you will regret it!

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank SaltLife19751
JamesValona, Front Office Manager at Iron Horse Hotel, responded to this review, 23 February 2012
Thank you so much for this great review. Your comments on our showers and our VIPooches were glowing and we appreciate that so much. Thank you again and we hope to have you back soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (320)
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2012

I would highly recommend this hotel to my friends and family! The rooms are very chic and modern! The hotel'srestaraunt, smyth, has great food that incorporates ingredients from local farms. Hotel has a convienent location.. Near airport and not to far from downtown.

• Stayed February 2012
Thank you so much for your compliments on the hotel and our restaurant Smyth. They are so appreciated.
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2012

I spent this past weekend in Milwaukee with the main reason of staying at the Iron Horse and I wasn't disappointed. The service and staff were top notch. They were very friendly when we checked in and upon checking out. The front desk also went out of their way to try and find a place for us to have dinner on Sunday (which was difficult since most restaurants close on Sundays).

As you can see from the hotel's website, the hotel is beautifully designed. I stayed in a king room on the fourth floor and was very satisfied with the design and size of the room. They also offer free Wi-Fi! I wouldn't hesitate recommending this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
Thank you so much for the great review. To hear that we were one of the reasons that you came to Milwaukee is truly an honor. I am so happy to hear that we lived up to your expecatations and you had a great time with us. If you should be back on a Sunday again we will be better prepared with restaurants for you.
Los Angeles, California, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 February 2012

Impeccable service offered by smiling members of the hotel staff!
From the moment I arrived at check in until I checked out the staff were friendly and helpful when called upon. Hotel has a great feel to it with a super ambience. My room was very clean and comfortable with all the amenities you could ever use.Hotel restaurant has nice unique touches with a menu that offers something for everyone.
The only negative is the train tracks if you are a light sleeper, but the hotel does leave ear plugs in your room.

Room Tip: Stay away from the train tracks!
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
JamesValona, Front Office Manager at Iron Horse Hotel, responded to this review, 16 February 2012
Thank you for the comments on the amazing staff we have here at the hotel. I can promise you that all of the smiles here are genuine. We hope to have you with us again!
Grand Rapids, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 February 2012

I am now dying to stay at the Iron Horse Hotel after eating dinner and spending a Friday night at Branded, the bar inside the Iron Horse Hotel. The historic warehouse feel is perfectly complimented by cool antiques and furnishings, but the hotel is clearly hip, chic and modern. I hear each room is unique and their coat hooks can hold up to 200 lbs of wet leather (for the upscale biker crowd)

At Branded, recommend the DLT (Duck, Lettuce, and Tomato) and their Parmesan truffle chips.

Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank Kmac81
Thank you for your wonderful comments on our bar Branded. I will make sure that the staff hears your praises and I look forward to your stay with us!