“Typical "conference" style hotel, decent rooms, service more of a 2 star.”

Hyatt Regency Milwaukee
Ranked #20 of 56 Hotels in Milwaukee
Reviewed 14 February 2012

Not a bad hotel - but generic. Very nice, comfortable beds (probably the best quality of the hotel). Bathrooms/showers are fine - good water pressure.

I realize there is nothing the hotel can obviously do about this - but the windows are these funny little slivers in the room (apparently floor to ceiling wasn't attractive when this was built).

Anyway - I stayed two nights this time and they never made up/cleaned my room. I called when I got back in the evening to have them bring up clean towels at least, but the front desk clerk made it sound like it was a normal thing. His response was "oh they must've just forgot". A little apology goes a long way.

It's not the end of the world - but the only reason this hotel is 4 stars is because they "have all the amenities required of a 4 star". Service is sub-par, and has not necessarily been abhorrent, but each time I stay there the staff is fairly cool - and not welcoming like you might see elsewhere. I'd never pick this hotel intentionally again, unless I just needed a place to lay my head for the night at a reasonable price for the space.

Room Tip: Choose a north or east facing for a nice view of the city - higher floor.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business

Reviewed 13 February 2012

My fiance and I stayed here for one night on a Saturday. We self parked in the garage attached to the hotel for $20 overnight. We used Hotels dot com to book the room. Check in was a breeze and we had a room on the 15th floor. We were not fans of the atrium design of the hotel.

Immediately upon entering the room we noticed that everything looked decently updated. Nice tv, nice looking linens and furniture. The bathroom was tiny, but they offered nice bath products.

The view was ok and the windows were very dirty.

While in the the room on Saturday night at 6pm, we could hear the people in the room next to us. Turns out they had their door open and that may have contributed to the sound. But we heard every word and worried that they might be loud at night.

Upon arriving back to our room at 2am, it was quiet. We slept well and felt the beds were comfortable.

Check out was a breeze.

We didn't have time to walk anywhere, but catching a cab was easy. I'd consider staying here again if the price was right.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 February 2012

Recently did a Priceline for a 4 star hotel in downtown Milwaukee. This place was one of three that is 4 star in downtown. We usually stay at a competitor that is 2.5-3 stars, and that place was equal if not better in many facets.

The room we got for our 50% off was ok, nice sized room. View was of the worst window scum on an exterior window I have ever seen, barely could see anything out the window. The bed was average comfort, but their were no fitted sheets on the bed and in the middle of the night both arms and legs were touching bare mattress... that is only described as disgusting!!!

The hotel charges for internet, ok for major names, but c'mon even the cheaper hotels give it away for free these days and Hyatt is not what I consider to be major in the US.

The bathroom was super tiny, but was clean and everything you needed.

The hotel itself is a good location, the interior is contemporary/modern first floor lobby with restaurant and bar. The bar service was border line garbage, but there were a bunch of Chicago Bulls fans in town, so they were probably annoying the staff. The hotel rooms on floor 3-16 or whatever, white.... that is all I can say.... just white... you'll see...

Overall I am glad I paid 50% below the rack rate, I would have been giving this a 1 star if so. But you get what you pay for and in this case I would rate this hotel a 2.5-3 and not return...

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank dsl82899
Reviewed 31 January 2012

The staff is great. We have worked almost full work days in the lobby, having breakfast and lunch. Maria, who is usually there in the mornings, is great. She is really nice and has gone out of her way to make sure we had enough coffee and get exactly what we wanted for breakfast - and we aren't that demanding :) The entire staff is friendly and extremely helpful. It's like staying at someone's home where they want to be a good host.

Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Carla H
Reviewed 28 January 2012

I spent 4 days here last week and was pleased.

Inside: The hotel has an open interior with the rooms around the perimeter facing in, so noise has a tendency to travel. If noise bothers you a lot this might not be the place for you. I personally like these types of hotels because of their striking looks. It looks like what it is, a major hotel set up for upscale conventions.

Service: Service was excellent. Staff was friendly and helpful the whole time.

Extras: The bar and restaurant are not your best bet in this area - the menu is a bit overpriced and the food is not great, but if you want to drink and then walk back up to your room, or if it is snowing sideways out there the hotel food will be fine. Otherwise, walk 4 blocks or less and you can find literally more restaurants that you can visit in a week. However, I got tired of the surcharges - I would rather pay a higher room rate and have business center access and free wi-fi than be pulling out my credit card every day.
I guess I'm in danger of talking myself out of this good review, so I will work the positive side for a bit.

Fitness Center: Very nice (and no extra fee!) Chilled towels, complimentary headphones for the TV-enabled cardio equipment, open 24 hours, great view of the city, nice looking, new equipment.

Rooms: NIce, big rooms, with open space. Confortable beds, room controlled thermostat. Decent, but not great number of channels on the TV. Once you buy the wi-fi for 10 bucks it works well.

Location: Great spot in Milwaukee - one afternoon I walked through the historic downtown areas and still had plenty of time to wind around to the lake and get back before dark. Still an easy drive to the airport as well.

This is probably the hotel you will get if you bid on Priceline and specify the downtown area. If you go this route you will receive good value for your money. For the rack rate, I would go for one of the other hotels in this area. Nothing wrong with this one, but for full price you can do better.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business