“Unexpected delight”

Fish Tales Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 25 Restaurants in Lodi
Price range: US$7 - US$35
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Serving the finest food and cocktails in the Lake Wisconsin area. Fresh seafood, steaks, seasonal menu using local fresh ingredients, and nightly specials. Friday Night Fish Fry, homemade stone-baked pizzas, broasted chicken, pasta & more. Sunday breakfast and lunch. Outdoor patio and bar with gas fire pits. Outdoor seating for dinner on Friday nights. Big screen TV's in bar for Badgers, Packers and all your favorite sporting events.
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Above what I expected on a Sunday night. The calamari app is terrific!
Clean, bright, good service!!!

Reviewed 4 March 2018 via mobile

We have been on vacation. It was great to be back at “our” restaurant, where everyone “knows our name”!
Al fixed me the BEST Brandy Old Fashioned! Thanks Al! We both had the Friday fish fry, and it was excellent!
Nice to travel and wonderful to be home!

Reviewed 17 February 2018

This is one of the local places we try to stop at every couple of months. have usually had very good meals. Stopped last night for an early Friday night fish fry. Greeted and seated right away. Drink order was quick. Wife ordered the fried perch dinner, twice baked potato and salad while I ordered the clam chowder (which has always been great!) and a side of coleslaw.

The fresh bread was warm and awesome and the coleslaw was great!

Downhill from there. The food was served very quickly. However the clam chowder was covered in black pepper, drowning out most of the taste. The perch was barely warm and soggy. Wife stopped eating so I gave it a try. I'd describe it almost as if it was deep fried much earlier in the day then reheated or microwaved before being served. Potato was much of the same burned on the outside and barely warm inside. Never got the salad. The waitress offered to bring it out later. We said no worries, as she was very busy and trying to serve many tables. I understand that everything can't be fresh but how hard is it to serve fresh fried fish on a Friday night when that's your special? Not the usual experience we have had in the past here.
Paid the bill and was out the door in 45 minutes. First time I can ever remember leaving a fish fry with food uneaten. They even charged us for the salad we didn't get.
Wife's comment as we left was "we don't need to come back here for a long time. Much better close places where the food is fresh"

1  Thank timmW5403BG
Reviewed 3 February 2018 via mobile

Eleven of us met here for dinner on a Friday night. I typically don’t take the time to write a review, however, the food and
service were so exceptional, that I felt compelled. I had the 16 oz. ribeye and a prawn and it could not have been better.
Everyone commented on how good their meal was. I don’t know how the one server kept up, but she was always around the table if we needed anything. Totally impressed with this place.

Reviewed 22 January 2018 via mobile

All waitresses do a great job! We do have a bit of “connection “ to Jamie.
We enjoy the Friday night fish fry. I love the salads. The bread is awesome!
See you all in March!

Been to Fish Tales Restaurant? Share your experiences!