“Best breakfast on the island -- and lunch isn't bad either!”

Farmhouse Madeline Island
Ranked #6 of 14 Restaurants in La Pointe
Price range: US$6 - US$15
Description: Farmhouse is a from scratch restaurant serving breakfast brunch and lunch daily from 8AM-3PM. We utilize local foods as much as possible from our community for our community.
Reviewed 1 September 2018

I've had breakfast here several times over the years, and finally tried it for lunch yesterday. Was as happy midday as I have been in the mornings!

Past breakfasts I have enjoyed several specials as well as the regular savory waffle. My daughter always gets the Farmers Breakfast. Since I didn't have those on this trip, I won't comment too much -- but do try their house made preserves!

On this outing, I tried the Korean BBQ Sandwich with a side salad ($13 for sandwich, $1.50 for the salad). A bit pricey, but oh well. Keep in mind that they automatically add 18% to all checks. That's what I typically tip, so the amount is fine. But it really irks me when restaurants do that for a party of one!!!

So that tip thing is my only negative. Just consider that part of the deal, and relax and enjoy yummy food, a quirky, artsy, fun environment, and a lovely view of Lake Superior!

My sandwich came on some yummy crunchy bread (I think they do all their own baking but I am not sure). The delicious sauce made it soft inside pretty quickly -- maybe grill both sides next time? No real problem, though, as the roasted chicken was tender and flavorful, and the house kimchi was just tangy and spicy enough to satisfy a spic-lover like myself, but not so much that wimpier (sorry) fans couldn't handle it. The greens were fresh and colorful, with a superb vinaigrette.

This is one of those gems on the island. Keep in mind they close by 2pm, so plan accordingly!

Date of visit: September 2018

Reviewed 30 August 2018

Stayed on Madeline Island and you honestly don't have a lot of choices on where to eat. We were within very easy walking distance and stopped in. Busy place and hard working. I had eggs, bacon, toast and hashbrowns and wife had some granola. The meal hit the spot and was well done. I would stop there again.

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed 15 August 2018

Had just gotten off the ferry and was looking for a place for breakfast. It on the main street on the island. Had the savory Belgian waffle--it was excellent. The staff have a unique style with each customer, they get a little animal toy to keep you company. Had the bunny. Staff were nice and helpful, if ever back will have to stop in.

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed 1 August 2018

Farmhouse is our new favorite restaurant on Madeline Island. We've been coming up every summer for 20 years, and this restaurant is so special, I now can't imagine the Island without it.

I cannot recommend this place highly enough. Just go!

Last summer, we went for breakfast. It was delicious, with an interesting spin on traditional ingredients. The atmosphere is both modern and homey, and the coffee was outstanding.

This year, we needed a venue to celebrate our 20th anniversary. We decided on Farmhouse because we appreciate the proprietor's commitment to farm-to-table cuisine. Wow! We were blown away, and so were all of our guests. Everyone was raving about the food and the service was just perfect. Our group of 36 had high expectations, and Farmhouse exceeded them.

Favorite dishes were polenta fries and the Korean BBQ sandwiches, but everything--yes everything--was fantastic.

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed 20 July 2018

The curb appeal is what made me do a U-turn on my bicycle! I enjoyed a scrumptious, unique grilled cheese sandwich with fabulous truffle oil/Parmesan fries. The staff was most friendly and professional. I really liked the vibe!

Date of visit: July 2018