“Real food”

Farmhouse Madeline Island
Ranked #8 of 14 Restaurants in La Pointe
Price range: US$6 - US$15
Description: Farmhouse is a from scratch restaurant serving breakfast brunch and lunch daily from 8AM-3PM. We utilize local foods as much as possible from our community for our community.
Reviewed 2 October 2016 via mobile

My husband and I stopped in for a late breakfast/early lunch on the recommendation of a local and couldn't have been happier. My Pesto Grilled Cheese was a three-layered flavorful composition if vine-ripe summer tomatoes, pesto and cheese that was up to my Wisconsin cheese standards. The bread had just the right amount of chew. But the biggest surprise was the fries: they were real! The chef-owner started with a real potato and it showed! My husband was equally enthralled with his Hash Hash, which was a bit more breakfasty. We recommend this to anyone and everyone passing through the island!

Reviewed 18 September 2016 via mobile

Best breakfast on the island! Organic, local, delicious food cooked and prepared with care. Super friendly staff..even brought water for our puppies. Great place to start the day in the heart of La Pointe.

Reviewed 26 August 2016

Sat on the deck on a perfect sunny day with a nice breeze. The Savory Waffles were just that! What a flavor combo. Also the Pine Lob Farm sausage was delicious! Highly recommend for a leisurely meal.

Reviewed 24 August 2016

We have had a cabin on the Island for years. Most of time we eat at the cabin, because I love to cook and get tired of "bar food" (deep fried mainly) at the Beach Club and find The Pub so mediocre all the way around. (why would you design a restaurant with that view and have it look like a bad 1980's hotel???)
So I love seeing a new place come in and try to make a go of it on the island--which is very hard to do! What I admire about the owners is they put alot of elbow grease and creativity into the menu--"Green Eggs and Hamms?" Their food feels more fresh and seasonal and the patio is a charming place to watch the world go by. So I really want these guys to make it! I've only been for breakfast and I have liked it a lot. Plus a glass of bubbles is always good on vacation. Granted the service can be a bit slow but the servers smile and who really cares? You are on Island time!
The decor inside is also different from anywhere else. Feels more like a Lucias than a bar which I like. Give these guys a shot and let them continue to make this place a destination--which is what I think they need to do! Create a special dish that people will come for and share and talk about every day. They work hard to make it a go and I admire that!

Reviewed 18 August 2016 via mobile

Very laid back atmosphere. Service was not too quick-but they were friendly, and the waiter checked back often. I had the savory waffles, very good!