“Great Dinner During Busy Time”
Review of Cafe Seiche

Cafe Seiche
Ranked #5 of 14 Restaurants in La Pointe
Reviewed 4 September 2018

My wife, daughter, and I enjoyed dinner here during labor day weekend. It was very busy, so service was slow. However, the food and atmosphere was great.

Date of visit: September 2018

Reviewed 31 August 2018

We've been coming to the island for years and FINALLY made it here. We have missed out over the years! This place is as fancy as it gets on Madeline: gourmet food, but on a screened in old porch, and wearing shorts is just fine. Throw in a sunset and it's perfect.

We started with a shared bowl of celery and Gorgonzola soup. This could've been weird, but was sublime. The soup tasted throughly but delicately of the fabulous funky cheese, but the celery kept it light and easy to eat. The smattering of crunchy croutons, usually distracting, were a perfect foil.

My husband had a beef tip pot pie, topped with mashed potatoes instead of pastry, with a bright green salad on the side. The portion was just right, and he polished off everything on his plate. Like the soup, it was satisfying without being too much to handle.

I ordered the roast chicken topped with Brie on sweet potato gratin, garnished with grilled peaches. I mean... I don't usually like sweet potatoes, but putting those four flavors together was genius. You had all the flavors: sweet, tart, salty, savory. I would've loved more peaches but that is my ONLY complaint.

Even lived the wine: a Chardonnay by Matchbook vineyards in California. Have already started trying to find where I can purchase it!

Service was fun, courteous, and just the right balance of attentiveness and leave-me-aloneness!

Literally my only complaint? The building is old, so the floor boards bounce and you might spill a drop of wine! So drink quickly so that doesn't happen!

I am ready to go back!

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed 8 August 2018 via mobile

From the first glance at the menu to the last forkful of your dinner you will know that you’re in the presence of culinary intelligence and subtlety. The food is like the progression of chords in a jazz composition. If Chris was in Minneapolis she would own that scene.

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed 15 July 2018 via mobile

Our visit began promisingly enough. We were seated promptly, our orders were taken, and our bottle of wine brought to the table. That was the last contact we had with our server. Well over an hour later, we had finished the bottle of wine and our water glasses had long since been drained. No one had stopped by to offer an explanation. No one had offered to refill our water. No one apologized. We left. I have no idea if the food is any good here.

Date of visit: July 2018
1  Thank kghansen57
Reviewed 11 June 2018 via mobile

We had white fish and beef tenderloin both were great. The service was excellent our waitress had a great personality. Deserts were good. Would go back.

Date of visit: June 2018

Been to Cafe Seiche? Share your experiences!