“Fresh and Focused”
Review of Cafe Seiche

Cafe Seiche
Ranked #5 of 14 Restaurants in La Pointe
Reviewed 9 July 2017 via mobile

We were the first ones in, and the place quickly filled up. The minimalist menu was fine, and it allows them to focus on a few items. I went for the beef and my wife the trout; it's what we do. Things took awhile to come out, but not that bad. There is a full bar, nothing on tap however. The staff was nice, and kept the water topped off. The water, or the glass smelled a bit fishy though, which slightly took away from the experience. The beef was perfectly cooked and flavorful and the trout was the best according to my wife, it all tasted very fresh. She had never eaten rhubarb, so we tried the strawberry rhubarb crisp and it was fantastic. It's pricey, but for the island it's in the normal range. You should give it a shot.

Date of visit: July 2017
1  Thank L6764TPerics

Reviewed 18 September 2016 via mobile

We rank this dinner the best on the island. Everything about this place is special and so worth a visit...everything was amazing from the celery gorgonzola soup to the beet salad to veggie zoodle to the white fish! The service and wait staff was incredible attentive and so friendly.

Date of visit: September 2016
Reviewed 28 August 2016

This would be the fanciest plate on Madeline Island. The food is prepared with that gourmet presentation and smaller quantities that make some of my friends shy away, and honestly I only get there a couple times a year. But when I do the experience is amazing, the food always surprises with unique flavor combinations.

But if your group isnt trying to have a gourmet and somewhat pricey dinner, you should still come check out the Seiche. I would recommend ordering 1 of every dessert and then passing them to the left so everyone can try all the desserts. You will love this experience and it is a great way to experience this chefs amazing flavor alchemy.

Date of visit: August 2016
Reviewed 21 August 2016 via mobile

I have to admit a bias - I'm a big fan of Chef/Owner Chris Wolf's flavor combinations. Every dish that comes out of the kitchen reminds me of why we keep coming back for more. Saturday night was no exception - we tried a chilled potato asparagus soup; bright, fresh flavor - and a watermelon/feta cheese salad to start our meal. My entree was a whitefish rollade, stuffed with chèvre, artichoke hearts and lemon balm - on top of perfectly grilled asparagus, a roasted sweet potato mash and fresh herb sauce.

The experience of Cafe Seich is relaxed and casual - a Madeline Island take your time and enjoy the meal experience. The restaurant can be slammed at times when summer guests swarm for dinner - but a glass of wine and a table on the porch create a perfect Saturday evening environment - and then the meal arrives - delicious!

Date of visit: June 2016
Reviewed 21 July 2016

We ate outside overlooking Lake Superior. Weather was perfect. Food and service were good, not great. But a decent lunch on Madeline Island. I had a whitefish sandwich, and it was very good.

Date of visit: July 2016

Been to Cafe Seiche? Share your experiences!