“great food”
Review of Cafe Seiche

Cafe Seiche
Ranked #5 of 14 Restaurants in La Pointe
Reviewed 17 September 2015

onion and beet pizza. bought on a whim and it was wonderful. staff was very helpful and the restaurant was very clean.

Date of visit: September 2015

Reviewed 1 September 2015 via mobile

Caf Seich is an excellent combination of good service, delicious food and for a summer evening, dining on the porch.

I don't want to give away all of their secrets - but the whitefish salad on avocado is a favorite. And I think that every summer, I start my meal with an amazing gazpacho.

Madeline Island summer evenings and dinner on the porch at Cafe Seich - perfection.

Reviewed 25 August 2015

Café Seiche, Madeline Island,Wisconsin
There are limited dining options on the island. While visiting ,we dined out for dinner just once. This was partly due to the limited options . This is the only place we visited for dinner but appeared to be one of the better options. It is advertised as a french restaurant but I would use that term loosely after reviewing the menu.
No reservations are accepted,however this was not an issue on a Sunday. There is a full bar. The menu listed several locally caught fish items, a beef tenderloin,vegetarian meal and specials of the day. My companion tried the Shepard’s pie which was very average. I tried the tenderloin which was exceptional. For a starter we tried the carrot/ginger soup which was also good.
Service was good. It took a while for the meal but this is a small place and a large group had ordered just before us.

Reviewed 1 August 2015 via mobile

We had a nearly perfect experience dining alfresco. Very pleasant service and the food was wonderful. Gazpacho had just the right combination of peppers and creme fraiche. The tenderloin was cooked perfectly and came with an awesome aioli. Daily special Shepards pie was very good as well. Best meal we've had on the island.

1  Thank Karl S
Reviewed 23 July 2015 via mobile

My wife and I visited Cafe seiche while we were on vacation at Madeline Island. The food had some of the best flavors that I've had in a long time. The gazpacho was flavorful and the trout Wellington is definitely worth ordering again. My wife had a white fish dish that she would order again. The dessert was a panna cotta with raspberry that was very good as well. Madeline Island has quite a contrast, toms burn down Tavern & Cafe seiche

Date of visit: July 2015
1  Thank Fred_from_Rocester

Been to Cafe Seiche? Share your experiences!