“Will visit again. A nice surprise”
Review of Cafe Seiche

Cafe Seiche
Ranked #5 of 14 Restaurants in La Pointe
Reviewed 23 July 2015 via mobile

My wife and I visited Cafe seiche while we were on vacation at Madeline Island. The food had some of the best flavors that I've had in a long time. The gazpacho was flavorful and the trout Wellington is definitely worth ordering again. My wife had a white fish dish that she would order again. The dessert was a panna cotta with raspberry that was very good as well. Madeline Island has quite a contrast, toms burn down Tavern & Cafe seiche

Date of visit: July 2015
1  Thank Fred_from_Rocester

Reviewed 20 July 2015

During our three-day visit to the Island, there were only 5 eating/drinking establishments open. We tried them all. Cafe Seiche has limited hours, and a limited menu with entrees created using seasonal, fresh ingredients.

The food was prepared well and tasted good. They have a nice selection of wines by the glass. Our server was friendly and helpful. It's not cheap, but the prices reflect the quality of the food.

Date of visit: June 2015
Reviewed 24 September 2014

Looks weird but can't judge a book by it's cover. They're food was excellent! Very unique and creative. The service was somewhat bland but I got that sense from every server we had on Madeline Island. None of them are very friendly and just get the job done.

Date of visit: September 2014
1  Thank Travis V
Reviewed 18 August 2014

My wife and I enjoyed a late night meal that knocked my socks off. On an island that features mostly pub fare this was a welcome find. Gazpacho, beet salad, and a beautiful piece of fresh lake trout made my day. Across the table , a plate of beef tenderloins in a delicious sauce was enjoyed by my boss. We'll definitely take our business there on our next ferry trip across to Madeline Island.

Date of visit: August 2014
Reviewed 10 August 2014

The bartender at Tom's Burned Down Cafe told us that Cafe Seiche was the best food on the island. She was right. I had the pecan crusted trout; my son ordered the beef tips special. Both meals were perfectly prepared with large portions. We also split the berry cobbler for dessert. Many cobblers are more topping than fruit, so we were pleasantly surprised at the abundance of berries (locally grown) and the sheer deliciousness of this cobbler. Cafe Seiche is only open for dinner on Wednesday through Saturday, and 12 - 6 on Sunday, so plan accordingly.

Date of visit: August 2014
1  Thank Pamela T

Been to Cafe Seiche? Share your experiences!