“Best dinner on the island”
Review of Cafe Seiche

Cafe Seiche
Ranked #5 of 14 Restaurants in La Pointe
Reviewed 13 August 2013

If you're looking for fast food or a quick sandwich, you're in the wrong place. But if you're looking for the best quality local ingredients, innovative preparations, and a more refined atmosphere, then Cafe Seiche is the place for you. I see that another reviewer had a negative experience - it must have been an off night because I've eaten here at least 15 times and have had a great experience every time. This is the best restaurant on the island and for the quality of what they're serving, a good value.

Date of visit: August 2013
3  Thank MNtravelman

Reviewed 9 August 2012

After a terrible "welcome" at The Pub, our hungry group moseyed down here and were treated wonderfully. Luckily, it was not busy and we were all able to be seated together and got food and drink right away. I shared the goat cheese cakes, pizza appetizer and the whitefish - amazingly fresh and delicious. I would have loved to sit on the patio, but we were too hungry to push it. It's a little pricey, but worth it in my opinion. The service and hospitality were par none. These folks really know how to serve high-quality local food. Since the island did not have these options anywhere else, I appreciated it all the more. Go!

Date of visit: July 2012
Reviewed 3 August 2012

Though we had a nice older waitress, the food took an outrageously long time to reach us. I had the risotto, which was overcooked and watery. The decorative sauces were fairly flavorless, and the vegetables bland. The wine was passable. The French bread was dry. We were told that this was the best restaurant in town, but I say pass this one up and try the fish tacos at some of the other restaurants.

Date of visit: August 2012

Been to Cafe Seiche? Share your experiences!