“Great View to Watch the Boats Come In!”
Review of Beach Club

Beach Club
Ranked #1 of 14 Restaurants in La Pointe
Cuisines: American
Description: 715-747-3955
Description: 715-747-3955
Reviewed 10 August 2016

Whenever I get a chance to visit Madeline Island, my wife and I love stopping at The Beach Club for a drink. On our recent trip, we were able to visit a few more times.

Pro's:
- Best waterfront drinks & dining destination on Madeline Island. It's a great place to watch the ferry and boating traffic, plus who doesn't love watching people try to dock their boats
- Respectable beer selection, athough they did run out of New Glarus Spotted Cow last weekend (an unforgivable act!)
- Large bar food selection (burgers, sandwiches, tacos, etc.) that's reasonably priced and tastes good
- Located right on the main drag with nearby shops, cafes, bars to wander to after visiting
- Good atmosphere for friends, family, & kids

Con's:
- Can get VERY crowded, especially during the weekends. We've had to clean our own table a few times to sit down quickly (there's no host/ess). It's a fend for yourself type of atmosphere
- Have to get up to order food from the window and drinks from the bar (no servers)

I'd definitely recommend visiting The Beach Club if you're planning to boat in or stay on the island for a few days.

Reviewed 10 August 2016 via mobile

Perfect day to sit on the patio with our pup & get some lunch. It is an order yourself & then they bring out the food. It came out quickly which was great! The cheese curds were really good & my fish sandwich was just Okay. Besides the fact I'd definitely come back & try something different.

Reviewed 4 August 2016

Whenever we visit Madeline Island we stop in at the Beach Club. Last weekend our family had fun playing darts and sipping cocktails - all against the backdrop of Lake Superior. The fish & chips were good. Cocktails stiff. I won at darts. We will be back.

Reviewed 3 August 2016 via mobile

The temp inside was fantastic on a brutally hot day.

You order before you sit down. Not a huge menu, but likely something for everyone. Sandwiches, burgers, fish tacos and chowder.

I had the Raspberry burger, my husband had the club. Both were plenty of food, and tasty. My husband was full all day from the club.

Recommended...especially if you need to get out of the heat.

Reviewed 3 August 2016

My husband and I ate lunch. The weather and view was great. You order the food, receive a number, and the wait staff brings the food to you. Good Bloody Mary!

Been to Beach Club? Share your experiences!