“Great Bread”

Add it.
Great Harvest Bread Company
Ranked #2 of 3 Bakeries in La Crosse
Price range: US$6 - US$9
Description: Great Harvest Bread Company is a whole grain scratch bakery serving breads, goodies, sandwiches and soup daily from 7am to 6pm.
Reviewed 22 October 2015 via mobile

Our family has been eating Great Harvest bread for over 20 years. Yes it is more expensive,but the taste is so much better than store bought bread. We love the variety and the whole grains. I stopped here to see what this one had to offer and was very pleased with their high fiber bread. We usually purchase 9 grain and this one is so tasty! Great for toast in the morning or for sandwich bread. The only downside to this one is the long walk from their back parking lot to the door. My husband just had hip surgery so the walk was a little much for him. The cookies are great too! Their cinnamon chip is great for French toast!

Reviewed 11 September 2015

Enjoyed the wild rice and chicken soup with a slice of very good bread (all the bread was very good based on free samples). Asked for butter for the bread and salt/pepper for the soup and was given a bunch of butter on a plastic soda cup cover and a mixture of salt and pepper on a napkin. While it worked, I would of thought they would have single serve butter and individual packets of Salt and Pepper. Soup was excellent and bread was very tasty and fresh.

Reviewed 22 April 2015

The bread is to die for but unfortunately the prices will make you want to die as well. I hope that they survive in La Crosse.

Reviewed 21 April 2015 via mobile

I've tried them twice now and I've left a little let down after each visit. The lunch options are very limited and it ends up being about $13.00 for one person. I'm ok paying that if I leave stuffed but that's not the case here. The stand alone breads and pastries are pretty good but again, expensive. Not sure I'll go back.

Reviewed 11 December 2014

I'm not sold on the bread from Great Harvest. I like making my own breads, so paying 7$ for a loaf is kind of unreasonable to me. The food isn't bad, just overpriced for my taste. The location and parking are an issue too.

Been to Great Harvest Bread Company? Share your experiences!