“Poor Chinese delivery food.”
Review of China Star

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
China Star
Ranked #157 of 212 Restaurants in La Crosse
Reviewed 28 June 2017

Poor Chinese delivery food. I ordered from both Great Wall and China Star within the past month and China Star is the loser of the two for delivery Chinese food. Their fried dumplings were ok. The triple delight I ordered has sauce that is clumped. The flavor is ok but not even thought the dish. Their saving grace is their Chicken Lo Mein. I thought that was very good. I ordered online which is convenient but there is a fee associated with it. Delivery time was as expected.

1  Thank Budes65

Reviewed 20 February 2017 via mobile

Terrible food. We came for lunch and ordered two lunch entrees. The food was hot, but the quality of meat was terrible. The sesame chicken had more breading than meat. The beef was tough and gross. Seriously inedible. Very disappointing.

1  Thank SusieKay4
Reviewed 29 December 2016

Loved the chicken wings, pork lo mein, shrimp with lobster sauce, crab Rangoon, beef with veggies. Only complaint is leaky containers.

Reviewed 24 April 2016 via mobile

Do not give this place your business ever. The owner messed up the order twice and was unapologetic and found it almost amusing that my husband didn't get what he ordered. The guy was so bad that it prompted me to open this app for the sole purpose if writing this review. NEVER ORDER FROM HERE !!!!!!!!!

1  Thank Kate J
Reviewed 14 December 2015

I can now say that I've found the worst delivery service I've ever found in any city, and am sad to say it is in the city I call home. My girlfriend and I ordered food for delivery 1 hour and 10 minutes before the restaurant closed. In the past, service has been reasonable. For tonight, they claimed a 45-60 minute wait. Prior to closing time (i.e. less than 70 minutes later), we called back, as food had not yet been delivered, and the delivery driver nor the business called us to explain why the delivery was taking longer than expected, and we knew they would be closing soon. The call went directly to a message just indicating that the business was now closed. I attempted myself to call several times, hoping someone might pick up the phone, but even after calling both published numbers, we only got through to a recorded message. We waited until 20 minutes AFTER close (i.e. 90 minutes after the order was placed, and a minimum of 30 minutes late), and had written off that the meal was not going to be delivered. We made alternate meal plans, and just as we started eating, we hear a car door slam outside, the doorbell rings, and I open the door to find our food has finally arrived - 95 minutes after ordering. The delivery man was quite rude from the start, and offered no explanation as to why the food was late. After I stated that the delivery was over 30 minutes late, and I would not be willing to pay at this point, the man literally ripped the food bag from my hands and stormed off stating that I would not get the food if I wasn't willing to pay. I somewhat understand this sentiment, but the unwillingness of the driver to address the issues at hand, and his lack of professionalism was simply uncalled for and the worst behavior I have ever seen from any delivery service.

The food has previously been of acceptable quality - nothing special, nothing bad, and their portion sizes were always ridiculously large. Their delivery times always seemed excessive, but I always gave them the benefit of the doubt. But, if a company is willing to accost their customers in such a manner without any explanation, I am unwilling to support them further, and I would advise others to follow suit!

1  Thank Matt B