All reviews great location king suite convention center downtown activities bars and restaurants within walking distance room was large the river nice stay staff was friendly riverside park bedding mississippi
Reviewed 1 June 2018 via mobile

This hotel had everything I needed and was very clean. The staff were all very helpful and it is centrally located downtown. I didn’t have the breakfast but being able to get coffee in the morning was nice.

Stayed: June 2018
Reviewed 17 May 2018 via mobile

I don't even want to give this hotel 1 star because it deserves less. I was planning on staying at this hotel and attending a concert across the street but my car was hit and I received a subpoena to court and cannot come since I live a couple hundred miles away. I called the hotel to try to cancel my reservation and get a refund and to begin with they said that they couldn't do anything it would have to be corporate. So I said ok and called corporate but I was surprised to find out corporate said the hotel is the only one able to refund. By that time I'm extremely angry, all I want is my one night stays money back. When I call the hotel back they said that they don't care they will not give a refund, they also said that I can file a case but it's not going to do me any good and laughed. This is the worst service I have ever seen and nobody should ever stay at this hotel. I will never stay at another holiday inn again after this horrible experience. Also the person I was talking to at the Holiday inn was the manager.

Stayed: May 2018
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites La Crosse, responded to this reviewResponded 1 June 2018

Hi erin09052,

Thanks for taking the time to write us a review, we welcome your thoughts. I'm sorry to hear about the situation and that you're let down by how your concerns were handled by one of our Managers. While we do understand your disappointment, we adhere to the Cancellation Policy agreed to at the time of booking. In any event, we're sorry for the inconvenience and we value your feedback which is shared with the team for reference. In line with this, do know that I've reached out to you privately to get more information.

Kind regards,

Jillian I

Reviewed 11 May 2018 via mobile

We stayed in this hotel because the hotel we originally booked made a mistake with our reservation. This hotel is located right downtown and has very little parking available. We came in on a weekend so the adjacent parking ramp was free, but it was still inconvenient and the elevator and stairwells of the parking ramp was eerie and dirty. I dont think it is the responsibility of the hotel but being the only parking available it does reflect on them. Fortunately, this hotel had the accommodations needed and at 11pm we couldn't be picky. Due to a recent surgery we needed a roll in shower and that's what we got. The building is old but it served its purpose. The room was clean which I appreciated. I knew we would be showering both at night and in the morning so I walked down to the desk and asked for towels. Matt at the front counter said he would bring them to me but they never came. There was no one waiting to be helped so I'm not sure why he couldn't hand them to me to avoid him forgetting me. I feel that I should only have to ask for things once. If you offer to deliver, then do as you say you will. That was why I walked down the hall to get them anyhow. In the morning I walked by the front desk and wasnt acknowledged once by the woman working the desk. No smile..nothing. We are IHG members and stay in them any chance we get. This hotel was my least favorite of them all so far.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites La Crosse, responded to this reviewResponded 26 May 2018

Hi Davina G,

Thank you for your stay and for being an IHG Rewards Club member. It is good to know that you approve of the cleanliness level of the room received.

I am sorry for the service letdown from our hotel staff. This is definitely not the type of customer service we wanted for our guests to experience. Your observations will be reviewed by our management team and actions shall be taken to address these accordingly. Your feedback is important as this will help us to continuously improve our service awareness skills.

Please give us a try again and I believe you will find the experience quite different.

Ingrid V.

Reviewed 16 February 2018 via mobile

Stayed at this downtown location. The hotel was clean, had a nice pool and hot tub. The staff were very pleasant. We were within walking distance of many bars and restaurants. In spite of it being a busy nightlife we felt comfortable venturing out for pizza at 1am. We did miss the free breakfast that most holiday inns offer but we would stay here again.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 February 2018 via mobile

The hotel itself is really good. Clean and comfortable. Also, it’s in a great location and most of the staff is super friendly and helpful. We were in a king suite and there were four of us. We paid the price that included breakfast. We only received two coupons and the breakfast is $9.95 per person for what they call a “buffet.” We were with other family so there was six of us total. At no time was there enough food on this buffet for six people. I would not recommend paying the extra price for breakfast. The Fusion burger restaurant in the hotel is excellent!

Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites La Crosse, responded to this reviewResponded 26 February 2018

Hi Lori S,

Thank you for posting a candid feedback from your recent stay with us. It is great to know that you were able to appreciate the cleanliness of our property, the convenience of our location, and the service from our staff. However, I was concerned to see that you were not impressed with our breakfast. We always aim to provide an exceptional stay for all of our guests that is why I regret to see that you did not have a completely great experience. I am truly sorry for any inconvenience this issue may have caused you during your stay and your comments will be shared with our management team to properly address your concern.

Again, thank you for the review and for staying with us. I hope that we would have another chance to accommodate you again in the future.

Regards,