“Getting Ready to Fish”

La Crosse Family Restaurant
Ranked #15 of 206 Restaurants in La Crosse
Cuisines: American
Description: Breakfast, Lunch or Dinner all day long - Home style cookin PH: 608) 519-1450‎
Reviewed 8 October 2016 via mobile

First things first, a good hearty breakfast. The coffee was excellent, the eggs Benedict and Irish Skillet awesome and the steak and eggs larger than my head. Friendly service and affordable.

Reviewed 26 September 2016 via mobile

What a small town gem! Went for dinner and had a deliciously prepared fresh meal. My husband had chopped steak and I had fish and chips. Didn't want chips, so they substituted any type of potatoes you wanted. They had delicious soups too. There wasn't a dish that passed by that didn't look like something delicious you'd want to eat. We were so impressed with the great family pricing. We spent under $17 for the two of us. Our waitress was so nice. I believe she was a college student, so we left a "nice" tip...couldn't eat this kind of food for this price, so we upped our tip. Went back for breakfast next morning.
I'm sure glad our hotel didn't offer breakfast, because we got to enjoy this family gem again ...and a full heavy breakfast with hot tea for $13.95 for the two of us! Really? It was good quality food. How do they do it! Take note, other restaurants!!!

Reviewed 23 September 2016 via mobile

We went for their advertised specials, but they had run out of both of them. So, my wife and I both ordered vegetarian skillets. They were big, tasty, and very fairly priced. I doubt you can go wrong here unless you are looking for ambiance and fancy.

Reviewed 23 September 2016

Came here as recommended by the staff at the Super 8 down the road. Had a very good dinner then came back for breakfast. Pleasant staff and good food with great prices for the amount of food.

Reviewed 21 September 2016 via mobile

I stopped in for breakfast and didn't have to wait even though it appeared to be very busy. I was seated and was immediately taken care of and when I ordered my food was out to me so fast it blew my mind. The food was excellent when it comes to diner food and the waitress was very pleasant. If I come back to town again I will definitely come back.