“This Dave's does it right”
Review of Famous Dave's

Famous Dave's
Reserve with OpenTable
Famous Dave's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #37 of 206 Restaurants in La Crosse
Price range: US$8 - US$15
Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly
Good for: Child-friendly
Reviewed 3 July 2017

Skeptical of chains... This one is worth a visit. Service was extremely friendly and fast and the food was simple and fresh. Son had pulled pork... He loved it & I had brisket which was juicy... easy to mess up... takes attention to keep it moist. Not fine dining... Just a "Q" spot but a good one.

Reviewed 22 May 2017 via mobile

Went here for lunch one day hoping to get some good barbecue having just moved up here from the south where the barbecue is very good. I'm not a big barbecue person so I guess I'm very picky when it comes to barbecue. The barbecue wasn't too bad however I didn't care for the cheese on barbecue that was a new one to me and didn't like it. Normally you always get coleslaw with your barbecue however you have to pay for your coleslaw at this place. It wasn't bad and I will go back wait staff was outstanding though.

Reviewed 29 March 2017 via mobile

Stopped in for Happy Hour at the bar area. Sarah our Bartender was great and really knew a lot of the customers coming in. Nice to see a personal touch. Ordered the nachos with brisket (special price during Happy Hour). Large portion and very tasty with lots of brisket. There's a large dining room in addition to the bar with several booths and bar stools. Daily specials too Wednesday is $5 off wings.

Reviewed 6 October 2016

Pulled pork melts in your mouth. No need for silverware! Great service. Reasonable prices. I have been here a few times and never have been disappointed. All the staff always seems very friendly and happy with their job. I am going to attribute that to a good group of managers whom I have never met.

Reviewed 15 July 2016

I had a good solo lunch on Friday, 07-15-16, at Famous Dave's on Hwy 16, Onalaska, WI. Clean, dim, rustic atmosphere, comfortable booth. Golf was playing on the muted TV. Accessibility is moderate: one handicap parking spot, no door buttons, two sets of doors to get in, and you have to pull inward to open the restroom door. Restroom clean, but floor sticky.

I enjoyed the pulled pork sandwich (no cheese) and fresh side salad for $10.11 plus $5 tip. I hate to tip less than that, no matter where I go. The salad included a lettuce variety, purple cabbage, sliced deviled egg, soft croutons, real bacon pieces, small-chopped tomato (good), fresh cucumber, and fresh cheddar cheese. They didn't have vinaigrette dressing, but the Italian on the side was good.

The service was fast and accurate, and the server didn't overfill or spill my water like so many other places do. I also like that, after the hostess seated me, the only one to serve my table was my server, who checked with me twice. Other places send a half-dozen people to your table a dozen times and not get the orders right.

I arrived at 11:40 and was immediately seated. When I left at 12:20, there was a line and a van load of young adults arriving.