All reviews american club kohler shower whistling straits putting green golf trip sports core tower room amazing shower small lake shuttle service wet bar complimentary shuttle blackwolf run great golf breakfast was included yogurt spa services
Reviewed 27 May 2015 via mobile

I was enticed by the 5-Star spa at the American Club, minutes away from the Inn at Woodlake and sold by the lakeside position and view.

The hotel is a bit of a juxtaposition, part rustic lodge feel (see the carved wood bear decor that greets you at entrance below), and then dated in some places worn carpet like in the hallways (which due to the lighting, had an eery quality).

But overall this is a positive review! The rooms are a mix of modern and comfortable think black leather padded headboards and 6 shower head Kohler Shower with 40 inch, mounted flatscreen.

It's not the lap of luxury, but it is clean, comfortable and a great place to retreat and renew!

Service was pleasant and welcoming from start to finish. While they accept dogs, I was told my 7lb. dog had to remain crated in the room when I wasn't there. This made me feel as if pets weren't really welcome, so I didn't bring him They need to review the policy.

Again though overall, I enjoyed my stay here and would return! The Kohler Shower alone is definitely worth the visit.

P.S. Also, golfers, this inn is literally on a small course and my fellow spa - goers there's a free shuttle to the American Club for spa and dinners. There's also horse-drawn carriages at the American Club. This is a fun, little get away for Chicagoan and under 3 hour drive away. (See lake and course pictures)

Stayed: May 2015, travelled with friends
1  Thank Anne H
ShawnKB, Manager at Inn on Woodlake, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2015

Dear Anne I,

Thank you for your review. The bear you mention; and we love the picture, is actually made of cast iron by one of the students that is part of the Artists-in-residence program with Kohler. The program Artists-in-residence may work in the Kohler Co. Pottery, Iron and Brass Foundries, and Enamel Shop to develop a wide variety of work in clay, enameled cast iron, and brass. There are many displays of the results of the artists placed all over the village of Kohler. We certainly hope you have an opportunity to take a trip North again, we would love to have you and your dog!

Cheers,

Reviewed 25 May 2015

We stayed one night at the Inn on Woodlake for a relaxing get away. The staff was very friendly and check in was a breeze. We had a room in the tower, and it was very quiet and private with a lovely big deck over looking the lake.

The room was clean and comfortable and updated. We had a king bed and two comfortable chairs for sitting. There was a sliding door to the deck and the windows opened, and the breeze from outside was wonderful.

Our room had a refrigerator with room for storing some drinks.

The shower was wonderful: 9 different shower jets from all different angles. I loved it.

There is a walking trail around the lake that is right next to the Inn and there is also a small beach there. You can walk (or drive) to the sports club, and it has a nice and clean work out room and group exercise room.

We were a bit surprised when we arrived because the Inn is located at the end of a strip mall, but our room had a lovely view and it was really convenient to be able to walk to the shops and restaurants. We had dinner reservations at a restaurant at the American Club, and there is a shuttle that took us there with no problems.

We had a really relaxing and wonderful stay and are looking forward to staying there again soon.

• Stayed: May 2015, travelled as a couple
ShawnKB, Manager at Inn on Woodlake, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2015

Dear Jennie30,

Thank you for the thoughtful and detailed review, you clearly had a chance to experience many of the amenities the Inn has to offer. The Tower Deck room has a wonderful view as you describe, it faces Woodlake which is very peaceful and inviting it is truly one of our most sot after rooms. Glad you had time to relax and we also look forward to your return. If I may, the Tower Desk Room during the holiday season is stunning as you can see all the lights through the village from the deck, truly one of my personal favorites!

Kindly,

Reviewed 25 May 2015

We just arrived home from paying for two nights at the Inn on Woodlake. We were supposed to be staying tonight as well but left due to the weather and other circumstances. After arriving and checking in yesterday (Saturday 5/23) we were told we had to purchase 2 $20 Guest Passes. We went horseback riding and played tennis, which we payed for. Why are we paying an additional $20 on top of the tennis court rental and horseback riding?

It did rain during our stay (Sunday 5/24) and was forecasted to rain tomorrow (5/25) as well. I understand you can not control the weather however, you should have indoor activities planned for incliment weather. The hotel does not have a pool/hot tub, workout room, bar (very small in the lobby in the evening), or restaurant. When paying over $250 a day and $40 a day in taxes and resort fees. I expect something other than a shuttle or "breakfast" When it rains what can you do besides go on the KOHLER Design center? I can imagine staff might say go to the "Spa." Although, why should we be forced to pay for something due to the hotel not having any onsite activities. The shopping in the strip that people may be talking about is a Grocery Store, Cucina (was very good) slow on service, a candy store, and a few other clothing stores. Nothing that could keep you busy very long, that is if you live close to any sort of mall or strip mall. We ended paying $18 for an OnDemand movie, even that rips you off. However, there is very little to do even in Sheboygan.

We left early today and ended up eatting the cost for tonight's stay. The front desk would not prorate or adjust the bill. As we were walking by where the breakfast is set up on our way out, I heard a mom complaining on there was nothing to do for her children, and they should make more activities for kids, as well as have it be more family oriented.

Regarding the staff, some were in training at the front desk and the maids did not even clean the room. The only thing the maid did was make the bed, maybe vacumed I'm not sure. The towels were all over in the bathroom. Nothing on the sink was organized like maids have done at every other hotel I have stayed at. The sink in the room was obviously not wiped down and had used glasses still sitting there. There was some cream cheese that was still left on the dresser under the TV, not wiped up by the maid. The soap in the bathroom was left with the wrapper next to it, and no shampoo or body wash replenished. I had to ask the front desk for more towels and soap.

The only positive rating I would give this resort is the food. We ate Lunch at Cucina and dinner at the Horse and Plow last night. Both of us were very happy with our meals. I hope to hear back from management soon about this stay. Because for example ee stayed at the Biltmore in Phoenix in January for 3 nights which was less than this $900 bill. Where much more was provided to us at no cost. When making the reservation I asked about the fees and an additional $40 in charges was not mentioned. Also, I requested to be anywhere but the first floor, but where were we placed 1st floor.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else.
  • Stayed: May 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank DePaul8407
ShawnKB, Manager at Inn on Woodlake, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2015

Dear DePaul8407.

It is truly saddening to read your review and the level of disappointment you feel regarding your overall experience, it is not what we are known for. I humbly ask your reach out to me to discuss your stay and how we can be sure that you return and experience the delight we have offered so many of our guests. Please contact me directly at 920.457.8000.

Very Sincerely,

Reviewed 23 May 2015 via mobile

I stayed the night for business meetings and was the first time that I stayed at the Inn on Woodlake and really liked it. Nice room with the great Kohler shower. Liked taking a little walk around the lake in the morning - and it's always nice to have a hot buffet breakfast included. Also - the "Destination Kohler" phone number, where a single person can help with your hotel reservation, dining and spa reservations - is delightful!

Stayed: May 2015, travelled on business

Dear Vicki V,

Thank you for choosing the Inn while away on business. Woodlake does have a wonderful walking trail and is so peaceful in the morning. We are very happy you took notice that only one phone call was necessary to book all your needs. We have a wonderful Reservations team that takes care of everything in the resort from rooms, to spa, golf, dining and even special events. We feel this is one of the gracious services we can provide to our guests even prior to arrival.

If you are traveling again soon we hope you return, we will be sure breakfast is waiting!

Kindly,

Reviewed 21 May 2015

We had a large corner room, king bed, quiet at night, but the highlight was the bathroom. Double sinks, large, Kohler tile, Kohler counter top, Kohler toilet, now the best part, Kohler shower, with nine jets, that came out of everywhere and could be adjusted as to level of hitting your body, just amazing. Breakfast included and it was much to choose from and very good. We were there for a golf tournament, and shuttles were provided to take us to any of the golf courses, restaurants, and were available 24/7. Staff very friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: All would seem to be good
  • Stayed: May 2015, travelled with family

Dear Proye,

Thank you for the “splashing’ review! The showers are truly a highlight, as you would expect. Our staff takes great pride in assisting our guests and making them comfortable and providing helpful information so thrilled you recognized our associate. Our hope is you return soon for a future tournament it’s the perfect time of year!

Cheers,