“Better the last time”

Hi-Way Harry's Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Hi-Way Harry's Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 5 March 2018 via mobile

We attend a dog show every year at the Jefferson Fair Grounds. We then eat here. We had a party of six. Last year, the food was great, service so-so. This year, Laura our server, was OUTSTANDING, the kitchen supporting her not so much. Two steaks went back, having been cook to an unrecognizable level (my daughter’s 16oz ribeye even looking like a lunch sandwich steak). My fillet wasn’t especially tender, and a popular appetizer was unavailable. Laura made every effort to make things right when none of this mess was her fault. The mgr came by apologizing and made deductions to the bill we didn’t ask for because of the inconvenience (thank you). The bar tending was inconsistent (first round of Cosmopolitans were the best my friends ever had, second round were barely similar). Don’t get me wrong, I’m not saying avoid Harry’s, we’d go back. This was just one visit among a few that didn’t quite go as planned. When everything falls into place (food, service and drink), Harry’s is a terrific steakhouse.

Date of visit: March 2018

Reviewed 3 March 2018

This Sunday Brunch was the best I've had in years. Yes, you pay for it, and for our 3 year old, $8 is a bit steep as She eats about fifty cents worth of food, but I've always said; if you have good food, you can charge whatever you want and I think this is a prime case. Very good selection and very good food. Service was a bit slow as I drank my juice, my water, and my Wife's water, and was thirsty again before getting a refill, but all else was very good. Once I save up for it, I will head back again.. Love the smoked salmon !!!!

Reviewed 25 February 2018

Unique, almost Frank Lloyd Wright styled restaurant with multiple levels and a interior waterfall. Sort of out of place with all the fast food restaurants along with a truck stop near by. Atmosphere is very nice, but the interior is quite "hard" so sound bounces all over making for a noisy evening esp. with the load conversations coming out of the bar area. We were greeted right away and let to our table and the service was very good. We started with Clam Chowder and house salads which were plentiful and quite good. We elected to have their fish fry which isn't on the menu. Our plates came out quickly and hot. The breaded cod was tasty and moist and the cole slaw was very good. Would stop again without a doubt.

Reviewed 24 February 2018

This restaurant is beautiful. Food was great, service was great. We will definitely be back. We stopped in for fish fry.

Reviewed 17 February 2018

This is a Frank Lloyd Wight design building. Very interesting to see. Food is excellent and reasonably priced. Seated immediately with no wait. Not a lot of people there. Easy to converse. Romantic setting. Service is hit or miss. A nice meeting area for people coming from Madison and Waukesha, a halfway point. Outlet mall right across the street.