“Good dining experience. Not wowed but not disappointed.”

Mama Maria's Italian Restaurant
Ranked #12 of 103 Restaurants in Hudson
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 7 October 2018 via mobile

My sister and I happened upon MamaMaria’s on an overnight trip in the area. All the food we had was good, fresh and homemade. There were several people celebrating occasions and the atmosphere was warm and homey. Our waitress was super slow but the waitress at the other tables was Johnny on the spot. If I lived in the area I would go back. If I am looking for a fancy/super special place, this would not be it.

Date of visit: October 2018

Reviewed 16 August 2018

I always get gluten free noodles here, but their chef left a few years ago and it’s been difficult for them to replicate the homemade gf noodles. Sometimes I end up with pasta from a box and it is horrible! I’ve started calling ahead to make sure it’s fresh and not boxed. Hubby gets the chicken Angela most of the time - seems to be good or great depending on some unknown factor (probably cook). We come here 4-5 times a year, service is fair, often a bit slow but this is finer dining for the area. I recommend it. They will definitely make sure you leave happy if there is an issue with the meal.

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed 7 August 2018 via mobile

Our second visit to this establishment.
1st was ok, but this time, the food was mediocre, and the waitresses in our area were rude.
I asked for blue cheese dressing, and it was more runny than ranch. I didn’t think she brought out the right dressing, so I grabbed the bus boy, and asked him to bring me one. Same deal. Runny, and not much flavor. She made some snide comment about it, and walked away. She visited our table about 3 times.
Watching another waitress in our area..bus boy, whom was working hard, and was very well mannered, was coming through with a loaded bus tub. This waitress sees him coming, steps in front of him, so he has to sit there and wait, and she proceeds to stand in the way, and talk to her customers. The two older ladies appeared rude to these younger workers during our visit. Not interested in going back.
They should be examples, not what we saw.
I hope they had the decency to tip those young people, whom were working harder than they were, out well at the end of their shift.

Date of visit: July 2018
2  Thank lisarK3995KQ
Reviewed 6 August 2018 via mobile

I have had delicious Italian food here and good service each time I have went. My husband and I only go on special occasions and each time I've been pleased. Definitely recommend!

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed 30 June 2018 via mobile

Have not been here for 30 years. Very good, excellant service from Joe. We will return. Champaign chicken was great and i had salad and spaghetti. Yummy.

Date of visit: June 2018