“Craving Broasted Chicken?”

Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Outdoor Seating
Reviewed 21 January 2018

Great broasted chicken. So good they can run out, so call ahead to see what nights it's on the menu - then go early.

Reviewed 21 October 2017

The Sawmill Saloon hits all of the classic expectations of a north woods watering hole. The service is classic Wisco. The menu is a surprised rather veg friendly. We had the classic cheese curds which were perfect and we each had our own pizza. I was really surprised at the variety of options for the pizza, including veg options. They are even gluten-free friendly. Plenty of beer options and classic Wisco cocktails. The setting is north woods.

We also had a nice hearty, pre-bike packing ride breakfast. Not a lot of options but what I had was quite tasty. Eggs, hash browns, toast. Perfect.

It also happens to be the place for check-in for the nearby Lenroot Lodge!!! Well worth combining the visits.

Reviewed 13 October 2017

Unbelievable waitress - I thought perhaps it was a recorded prank. She stepped squarely on my foot twice (it was tucked under the table) and yet apologized only the first time. While our party of four waited 30 minutes for fried fish dinners, she belatedly shloshed a pitcher of luke warm water on the table (unlike our request, it had no ice or lemon). Later, when asked for a box to go, she physically offered a stiff-arm and said "No. That will have to wait". My niece paid in cash, and was asked if she wanted change back: The waitress was exasperated by the positive reply, looked in her cash bag, and announced in a not-so-nice way: "You will just have to wait awhile, until I can get to the bartender who has more cash" The food was decent enough, and I note that it was a busy night (but time must be made for at least a little courtesy).

Reviewed 20 September 2017 via mobile

Can't pedal through the area with out stopping at the Sawmill. Check out the cool
Stuff on all the walls. Good food with daily specials, local craft beer and nice people to serve you. See you next time...

Reviewed 6 September 2017 via mobile

The saloon is done in an old rustic style
The staff is very friendly and helpful.
We had the homemade pizza and it was some of the best I have had.
The beers were cool and the locals were very friendly. If your in the area stop by and check it out. We stayed the night at the lodge (great place as well)
We had the breakfast in the morning, once again very good and top notch service
Highly recommended

Been to Sawmill Saloon? Share your experiences!