“Awesome Beer and Atmosphere, Service is quirky? ”

Angry Minnow Brew Pub
Ranked #10 of 87 Restaurants in Hayward
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar Scene, Romantic, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch
Reviewed 12 January 2018 via mobile

I have drank and ate at the angry minnow for years. There beer is great, and I have tried a lot of smaller brew operation’s beers. Angry Minnow without a doubt knows what they are doing when it comes to brewing, or are very convincing in acting like they do. Regardless, haven’t had a bad beer at the place. My favorite is their River Pig and I have their t-shirt to prove it. Same goes for their food. Think that they try to source locally as much as possible. Which is very cool. They have great sandwiches and burgers. When they do fish fry it’s awesome. Plus the history and restoration of their building makes is almost as much of a must see in Hayward as the Moccasin Bar. Only complain is sometimes their service is quirky in a DGAF way. Sometimes I think they even try to be cute about their rude service. Anyhow, bring your own straw, they don’t provide them and they look for opportunities to tell you about all the other standard restaurant things they don’t do. They have fun in looking at you sideways when you ask. Lunch, Dinner, or just drinks with friends you won’t regret it.

Reviewed 28 December 2017

We stopped here while visiting family and friends in Wisconsin. I ordered the Pork Burrito Special. It had pulled pork (bland), along with lettuce, onions and a side of salsa. I would NOT recommend this plate to anyone who is looking for real Mexican fare. The service was OK, but they were not willing to put a couple of tables together for a large group, since it would impede their waitresses' ability to maneuver (recommend reorganization to accommodate larger groups?). After sitting all of us at the bar, a large round table opened up, so they moved us. It looked to me like the place has a good reputation in the area, since most of the tables were full. Other fare might have been a better choice.

Reviewed 30 November 2017 via mobile

We stopped here for dinner. We started with the gouda pretzels with the mustard sauce. It was very tasty. I ordered the steak sandwich which was suprisingly different but good. My wife had the flat bread which was also a good choice.

Reviewed 12 October 2017

Excellent value! A rainy Friday nite, busy but we were seated almost immediately. excellent beer selection, perfect size house salad. I had the crispy, pan fried white fish and it to was top notch. Our bill for 2 people was $45,being from Illinois I thought maybe they made a mistake and forgot to charge me for something. Good service! My only disappoint was that I wanted to take my husband back on Sunday, only it was closed. This often the case in Autumn in Northern Wis.

Reviewed 12 October 2017

We had a larger group, about 8. Our waitstaff did not serve drinks or meals to the correct people and forgot to bring things to the table (not enough napkins, forgot dressing). The menu was very trendy but my meal was underwhelming. I would definitely try it again. The atmosphere is very cool!