See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 22 October 2017 via mobile

Loud, no heat, dirty , smelly , HORRIBLE mattresses dirty linens old flat pillows smelled HORRIBLE Sooooooo gross..bugs hot water last 5 minutes max I wore white soxs and they were dirty after 1 minute. I was scared the entire time we had no choice this was the only place left on game weekend. I see why

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank tw1002
Reviewed 27 August 2017

Now lest you think I’m being harsh, I mean no such thing. The Mariner Motel is, eventually, a nice place to stay, and we would come back. But it took a little convincing.

After spending the night in the Dells, where big money has made for some spectacular accommodations, coming to the Mariner Motel was a bit of a culture shock. You don’t badge your door here, you get two mangled, mismatched physical keys which should be returned in a retro wooden drop box at the Front Desk. Our room was on the second level but all that means is you have to take stairs to either get to the lower level or rooms or the upper level of rooms. If you’re lugging heavy suitcases, that means some work getting up and down the stairs. We were in a room in the middle of the run but there was a side door that made up for it’s suspect (but ultimately effective) security with its utility - it was close to our room.

Our room was very quiet - we didn’t hear anyone else the entire time we were here. The room overlooked the river and gave us a good look at the South end of Lambeau Field on the other end of Green Bay.

Our A/C unit was from another century and took four or five efforts of the old ‘turn-it-off-and-on-again” to get it to work, but finally gave us enough cold air to be able to sleep. The windows do open to let in the evening breezes, which was nice.

The WiFi was slow (3 MBs down, almost negligible up), but it was sufficient for us to stream our favorite show on Roku. The Satellite TV was iffy at first but settled down enough for us to watch the Packers preseason game while we were in Green Bay, which was really pretty cool.

Chris welcomed us at the Front Desk and lives on the premises. He was knowledgeable and helpful and friendly. I suspect a big part of the reason the Mariner Motel remains relevant is two-fold - its proximity to the stadium on the other side of town and the friendliness of Chris.

Ultimately, while the room was almost the polar opposite of the far more expensive, far more appointed rooms in the Dells, we found it to be clean, serviceable, reasonable, quiet, and kind of charming. This room was 130 miles and a world away from the accommodations at the Wisconsin Dells but we had a good night’s sleep and a good stay at the Mariner Motel.

There were things to do while there - there's a charming covered gazebo in the back yard, a running / walking path along the river, a place to build a bonfire or grill out, and a great view of Lambeau Field in the distance on the other side of the river.

It may not look like much without or within, but our room was good size and clean and comfortable, and that’s a good thing. We enjoyed our stay and would return.

Room Tip: Riverside rooms have a good view of Lambeau Field
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 June 2017

We were two couples attending the Billy Joel concert at Lambeau Field. By the time we started looking for a motel room this was all we could find in close proximity. I would not recommend The Mariner unless there is no other hotel in a 30 mile radius. We were greeted by a friendly gentleman, but from there everything went down hill. The rooms are very dated, carpet needs to be cleaned, it appeared the room had not been dusted in months. I could have gotten by for one night until I got into one of the double beds and my feet felt grit on the sheet. I quickly got out of that bed and into the other double bed in the room. Needless to say I did not have a very good nights sleep. If the owner would update the motel and keep it clean it could be a nice place to stay because it is located on the river with a nice path that runs for about a mile plus.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
onthefox, Manager at Mariner Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2017

Kim H... we are well aware we are an older building. we do rotate our carpet cleaning and some of our carpets are older, but we do clean them. As far as sheets go, we have a linen service with new sheets, (not our own) and the beds are military made as per health department. As you are well aware, our prices are much lower than others to reflect the age of our property. If you had any issues, you did not make us aware and then you post after the fact. Thank you for staying with us!

Reviewed 19 August 2016 via mobile

Great location with a nice view of river. I'm guessing it's a family motel. Motel is older and could use some updating but my room was clean, staff was very helpful and it fit my needs for a one night stay to see my first Packer game

Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank G4749WRpauls
Reviewed 6 August 2016 via mobile

Stayed our first night here in Green Bay area. Very friendly, nice motel. A little outdated, but very clean with large rooms. Awesome view of the Fox River. Only problem we had was with the air conditioning. It could not catch up and keep our room cool, just barely comfortable.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple

thanks for staying with us