“The ONLY place to stay when you're in Green Bay”

Wingate by Wyndham Green Bay/Airport
Ranked #3 of 41 Hotels in Green Bay
Reviewed 30 September 2011

HI all,
Recently completed a three month project in Green Bay and am certain that if I ever go back, I'll stay at the Airport Wingate. The acommodations were more than adequate-- I actually like their matress better than my Sterns & Foster high dollar number at home. The staff were VERY attentive to detail and always a pleasure to talk with. The breakfast was much more than expected and always fresh. The last three weeks my wife came up with me and was also pleasantly surprised. I was afraid when booking that noise from the airport would be a problem when working on reports in my room. Most of the planes are small to mid size craft and noise was Never an issue... I give this hotel 5 stars based on Value, Acommodations, Amenities, Cleanliness & Friendlyness!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business
There are newer reviews for Wingate by Wyndham Green Bay/Airport

Reviewed 10 August 2011

Just immaculate. Only 10 minutes from Lambeau Field. Good hot continental breakfast . Great service and freindly assistance. Can not think of anything bad (or even mediocre about this place). Very pleasantly surprised.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank DaveLandes
Reviewed 7 July 2011

We booked a king room through expedia, but when we opened our door, the room was two double beds. When we went to the front desk, the clerk, Ashley, was extremely apologetic. Because there were no more standard king rooms left, she upgraded our stay to a whirlpool suite. We appreciated her concern, sincerity, and willingness to please the client and will stay here again because the situation was handled with such professionalism.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 June 2011

I have stayed at this hotel once a year over the last 7 years. I always encounter very friendly staff members, clean rooms, and comfy beds. Yes being next to an airport you might hear a plane, but 2 planes in one night versus 2 planes a minute is "quiet" to me. The rooms are spacious and every room has comfy seating other than the bed and a desk with good chair as well. Perfect sized microwave and compact fridge...don't forget coffee maker. Bathrooms work well and I don't mind the fan. First time I stayed b/c of proximity...now I stay b/c I know exactly what to expect.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 February 2011

This was my second stay. I was pleased with the first one, but I saw room for improvement during this one.

I attempted to reserve my room via Internet, but it did not work, so I used the phone - this meant I had to pay more for my room. No big deal - it was only $5-6 more. I had such a pleasant stay the first time, the price did not matter. And let me say upfront: I would stay here again, especially if I have an early flight as it is next to the airport.

The front desk is very friendly - as was my experience in 2008. The breakfast is good: a variety of breads and cereals plus good scrambled eggs and sausages. The room is very basic, but larger than usual. Nice Neutrogena items on the vanity in the bathroom. But it was so cold. The room has an automatic thermostat thats supposedly goes off when you leave the room and comes on when you return. I could not turn it up any higher. It goes on and off all night. I survived, but some people might find this annoying. Also, both of the cardboard cups in the room were not meant for hot beverages, which was weird.

While the bed seemed clean, one of the pillows smelled as though someone else had used it. Perhaps changing the pillow was overlooked?

There is room for improvement here. It feels too basic. Maybe some water bottles in the fridge, porcelain coffee mugs and high quality sheets. Fresher smelling hallways.

Everything else is fine. I like this place.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled on business