“Beyond REALLY Disappointing!”

Brock's River Walk Tavern and Grill
Reviewed 12 August 2018

Two visits, and we're DONE! The first experience at lunch - we were one of two tables seated in this fairly sizeable establishment. Just two of us, so not a big order going to the kitchen......Slow service, really inattentive waitress, meh food. Okay, so maybe it was an "off" day. Forgive and Forget................

Visit two - 7 guests for a birthday dinner, 7pm, Saturday night. Not especially busy (now I know why). 10 minutes to get a Waitress with an attitude, order placed about 7:15. Waitress stops by once to say the kitchen is busy, we wait, we wait we wait. 3 children, getting antsy, 8pm or so, waitress says she'll get the kid's food out in 2 minutes, food finally arrives 10 minutes later, we ask what the delay is, (how long does it take to make really blah macaroni and cheese???) at 8:15 or so....Adults food another 10 minutes, no apologies, no explanation. Meanwhile, the Guests at the table next to us ask for their food to be packaged in "to go" boxes, as they don't have time to eat, due to other obligations. My food (the Prime Rib special at $24), arrives COLD, baked potato is half cooked, veggies are barely done (rawish, to be precise).......no apologies from waitress. Another of our party has mashed potatoes, which are so dry as to be inedible, and a steak that's really MEH, ($30 meal).....We ask to see a manager, no manager on duty. My new plate comes out, exactly as cold and uncooked as the first, I tell the waitress, she says "I SAW her take the potato out of the oven MYSELF", (so I'm lying???).....Another waitress comes over and apologizes, offers to take the cost of my meal off the bill. discount the other meals by a percentage and offers free desserts to all. By now, it's after 9pm, and the kids (7, 9 and 10) just want to leave.....Happy Birthday to Me! Absolutely the worst dining experience I've had in YEARS!! DON"T go here...unless you like sub-par food and service.........

Reviewed 4 August 2018 via mobile

Sorry we really wanted to like this place!Attractive upscale saloon style inside. Stopped on Friday night and it was dead-First flag. Servers are nice, but their prices are high for what you get. I got the baked cod for $14. It was one SMALL piece and 2 little potato pancakes. That’s it. Had to pay extra for salad. The fish was very bland. Others in my party got the walleye. They had 2 big pieces of fish which looked good, however they don’t give you the coleslaw and rye bread with this meal even though it’s more money than the standard fish fry meal. Doesn’t make a lot of sense lol. Overall, meh food at high prices. Nice atmosphere. Maybe get a burger...

Reviewed 23 July 2018 via mobile

Well to start, very nice environment beautiful building and decorative, however...the service was slower than a turtle. The place was dead and took over 50 minutes to get our food. When our food finally came out, it was colder than northern Wisconsin in the middle of winter and extremely overcooked. For a $30 tenderloin, I was very disappointed. I might have well ordered a burger with no bun because that's what it looked and tasted like. Had higher expectations!

1  Thank masie1975
Reviewed 12 July 2018 via mobile

We were just out for a drive when we passes thru this town and we found this place. We are glad we stopped in. They have an amazing bar that overlooks the water. Pool table, dart boards, and so much more... They have a nice selection of craft beers on tap to choose from.
We decided we were going to eat after reading through thier menu. Our server was very friendly. She explained the specials and some of her favorites. Our daughter had the Alfredo pasta kids meal which was very tasty. My wife had the steak sandwich which was seasoned perfectly and cooked perfect. Lastly I had a fresh berry salad that was wonderful. It had fresh apples, mandarin oranges, grapes, candied nuts with a raspberry dressing. Very nicely done.
I would have given this place a 5 star review, but I felt that the prices were a bit high. We will be back again soon and if they can match or beat this visit I will bump it up to a 5 star!
Cheers!

Reviewed 8 July 2018 via mobile

Was good. Don't like blue cheese so asked not to put it on. They were fine with it. Everything else was good. Slow but holiday think one cook.