“Best in Fort Atkinson ”

Add it.
China Buffet
Ranked #35 of 50 Restaurants in Fort Atkinson
Reviewed 29 August 2016 via mobile

My family had tried all the other Asian food restaurants in Fort Atkinson as carry outs. They were all about equal and usually OK. We hadn't tried the buffet for several years as we're not big fans. But one evening we tried China Buffet's offer of free delivery.
Everything was delicious and from then on, China Buffet has been our only place of choice. The food is well cooked and delivered hot and fresh in ample time. I think this restaurant may be overlooked due to past owners or management. We think this is the best on town and really appreciate their free delivery.

Reviewed 19 January 2016

Went on Christmas Day when the buffet was not offered. Our party enjoyed the food, had plenty to eat, and also enjoyed the leftovers another day. Service was prompt.

Reviewed 17 January 2016

In addition to the standard Chinese-American fare, their menu does have some intriguing sounding dishes. The problem, however, is that they just don't prepare most of their food very well.

Starting with the appetizers, you will notice that everything is overly greasy. Some of my favorites, like Crab Rangoon, Egg Rolls, and Dumplings are just swimming in grease. I've not had any appetizer here that was pleasant to eat. Additionally, the egg rolls are just tiny. Based on my previous comment, though, that may be a good thing. However, they are certainly not worth the money. They are short and thin, sized more like a taquito than an egg roll.

The soups I've had (3 or 4 different kinds) have all been flavorless and watery. The broth, in fact, has absolutely no flavor. I've ended up seasoning the soups with spices from my pantry, just to be able to taste something.

And in their entrees, their vegetables seemed to be cooked well. However, most of the meats are just cooked to death. The chicken and beef that I have had here have always been tough and stringy. The shrimp is rubbery and kind of gross. The one saving grace is their roast pork. Everything I've had with their pork has been just fine.

Their prices are not any better than the competition in the area, and the food is certainly of a worse quality. I recommend skipping this restaurant, and going elsewhere. but if you do end up here, stick with the roast pork. No other meats are worth your trouble.

Reviewed 21 September 2015

We like coming here for lunch and dinner. Great variety on a medium-sized buffet. They have my favorites: Beef and Brocolli, Fried Shrimp, Corn Casserole, Seafood Casserole, General's Chicken and more. Soda is included. Everything is fresh. Check hours, though, as they have recently changed.