“My worst dining experience”

Koshkonong Mounds Country Club-Club House
Ranked #37 of 49 Restaurants in Fort Atkinson
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 25 March 2017

Made reservations for 6 at 6:30. When we arrived the dining room was full. Apparently making a reservation was a wasted effort. Finally we were seated at 7:30 and our order was taken. We visited the salad bar and waited for our food to be served. At 5 after 8 we asked for the manager to complain about the long wait. He offered us an appetizer and went to check on the dinner at 8:30 we paid our drink bill and left. There were others who experienced the long wait also. The table seated next to us had reservations for 6:45 and we're still waiting to be served when we left.

Reviewed 3 March 2017

Visited last Friday upon advice from a friend. Both my wife and I had the all-u-can-eat fish fry. The salad bar was small but everything on it was good. Really liked the slaw, potato salad, and a broccoli/bacon salad that was very tasty as well. Szechuan beans were very good too. I think the regular salad fixins was lacking though; not much more than lettuce, baby carrots, broccoli, and cherry tomatoes. My choice of potato was potato pancakes. Nothing spectacular; I've had better. The fish itself was a different story. Very good. The beer batter coating was nice and crispy and the fish was high quality. Our waitress was friendly, the bus boy was on top of things when it came to clearing the dirty dishes from our table, and my re-order didn't take too long.

Reviewed 14 June 2016

We always enjoy golfing at Koshkonong Mounds, unless it is too crowded, which does often occur. However, if the course is not heavily populated, a good way to spend the day.

Reviewed 30 March 2016

My many times there have never been a disappointment! Their Friday night fish fry, evening specials and the Easter buffets are all excellent and will want you coming back for more again and again.
Our daughters wedding was held there and our guests couldn't have been more pleased with the dinners they were all served that evening. I recommend you make this a summer evening stop and enjoy a relaxing cocktail while watching the beautiful view of the sunset over the lake.

Reviewed 1 September 2015

We were in the area after visiting Watertown and decided to try the Koshkonong Mounds Country Club for lunch. We drove around the area for a while taking a self guided tour of the Indian Mounds in the area. Upon reaching the Country Club we were seated in a dining area with an expansive view of the lake. The tables were set with cloth table clothes and there were vases of salmon colored roses on each table. It was something of an off day,for a Friday,drizzle and grey on the outside with us and the bartender the only attendees on the inside. The bartender was young,friendly and helpful. The lunch menu consisted mostly of wraps, sandwiches and salads. I had the Mounds burger and my husband had the spicy chicken jalopeno wrap. Both were very good. A few more people arrived as we were eating and the bartender took several reservations for dinner while we were there. It is a little gem of a place with a great view and a few more people in the dining area would have tended to make it a little more enjoyable. We will try it again, perhaps for dinner next time.