“Excellent food and service”

Kitcho Japanese Restaurant
Ranked #13 of 50 Restaurants in Fort Atkinson
Cuisines: Japanese
Reviewed 11 March 2017 via mobile

Food is excellent, I've tried over 30 different sushi rolls and all have been delicious. My wife always gets the pad Thai and loves it too. Kids are always devouring their orders. Great food, service and atmosphere.

Reviewed 24 July 2016

We happened upon this place 5 years ago -- the day they opened. In fact, we were the very first paying customers there.
We've been there several times since and, in fact, we were there yesterday exactly 5 years after our first visit.

The service is very good. Friendly greeting, good attentiveness without being over-bearing, etc.

The food is also quite good. We have had many kinds of sushi rolls and tempura over the years. Yesterday we had sushi rolls and fish rolls. All were prepared very well and were quite tasty.

We finished off with an order of fried ice cream which was just right for the two of us to share.

The price tag for all of this, including tax & tip, was $75. It's maybe a little pricey but this was enough of a meal to last us the rest of the day.

We can happily recommend Kit-Cho to anyone wanting good sushi or tempura!

Reviewed 25 June 2016

Granted that Fort A. sort of shuts down during the summer, when the college kids from Whitewater down the road are largely gone. We'd poked them up as a springboard to a day-tour of Lake Koshkonong, and the joint was deserted shortly after noon.

With the sushi chef skulking visibly in the corner, we knew better than to rouse him from his repose. Perusal of their online menu had indicated a fair variety of Thai entrees, so that seemed the order of the day - until.....we were informed that the menu had changed without updating the website! Whoops!

Luckily, pad thai remained on the menu for popularity's sake. Soups/salads were included in each order, and aside from my kids' unfamiliarity with the low-salt/garlic flavor of Japanese broth, we all emerged well fed and happy to hit the road. I wouldn't exactly ride back up here to revisit this languishing joint, but I'll bet that when school's in session, the sushi chef gets a good workout from the staff and students.

Reviewed 18 June 2016

We eat hear often! The food is great and the service is wonderful! Cindy is always there to greet us with a smile and we never have to wait to be seated. The food is freshly presented and flavorful!

Reviewed 19 May 2016

When I moved to Fort Atkinson, I was thrilled to see that there was a restaurant with Thai cuisine. It is a favorite of mine. I know that this is primarily a sushi restaurant, but not being a fan of sushi, I tend to go for the other food here.

The Thai food that they offer is ok, but nothing terribly special. When I order thai curries or Pad Thai at other places, I enjoy the flavorful combination of spices, sauces, meats, etc. At this restaurant, you do get all of those flavors, but they seem very toned down. Almost muted. It's not disagreeable food, but I don't feel that it necessarily lives up to either my expectations of what I want to be eating, nor the price that they charge for it.

The service has always been impeccable, with a clean dining room, ample seating, and attentive servers.

Bottom line: If you are looking for a good sushi place, ignore my review. If you are looking for good Thai, and you don't want to drive into Madison, this might fit the bill, just don't expect to be blown out of the water by their curries.

1  Thank madcitypaul