“Good Old Fashioned WI Supper Club Offers Superior Service and Delicious Food!”
Review of Stagecoach Inn

Stagecoach Inn
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 17 July 2018

Cozy place for a GREAT Friday night WI Fish Fry, a really delicious Steak, home made au Gratin potatoes, preceded by the typical tiered salads tray featuring old fashioned beet salad, and others. This place does NOT disappoint, the line out the door is emblematic of the happy experience awaiting you. The friendly Owner makes a point of stopping by Every table chatting and telling really silly jokes, (which he KNOWS are silly!). We just Love this Place! Take a drive to Hwy 26 between Janesville and Fort Atkinson! You'll be glad to discover this wonderful retro restaurant!

Reviewed 17 June 2018

First visit - Ron Faiola's Wisconsin Supper Clubs book brought us to the Stagecoach Inn. Super fun visit started at the bar with a couple of Wisconsin Classics - Brandy Old Fashioned, delicious. This place bustles with energy - from the greeting to the table service - everyone is on the move, some of the best teamwork I've witnessed in the food service business - congratulations for creating a wonderful dining experience. I have the pork tenderloins, cheeseburger soup, au gratin potatoes, house salad, and it all started with warm bread and the "salad tower". Fun presentation and delicious food. She had the deep fried shrimp and a baked potato - both delicious. We loved our visit, the serving team made us feel welcome and well treated, the food was delicious, and the locals provided us with great "color" on the history of the supper club...clearly the Stagecoach has earned the right to be included as one of Wisconsin's classic supper clubs - Enjoy your next visit, we sure did.

Reviewed 9 June 2018 via mobile

We heard such good things about the Stagecoach so we went with our mouth’s watering. We ordered Old Fashions and received drinks with pineapple. If you know anything about an Old Fashion you know that a pineapple has no place in one.

Our waitress was pleasant and started us off with the relish tower. We found it interesting and we’re excited about ordering a steak to split. When our steak arrived it looked grey, tasted flavorless and was filled with grizzle. The onions that accompanied our steak arrived in a bowl floating in butter. We laughed at the fact that we were charged $3.00 for the kitchen to split our meal. They cut the steak in half. They did not split the potato. They did not split the onions. It was almost amusing. We found our overall experience at the Stagecoach disappointing. There was no comparison to our dinner the next night at the Edgewater where everything was top notch.

1  Thank Cabdg
Reviewed 24 April 2018

We stopped in on a Saturday evening for supper. Shawn Shinkay is the owner - I think I'm spelling that correctly. He's doing it all RIGHT cus he's been open for many years. He also works along side the exceptional help he hires. Our waitress was Jamie and she was just outstanding! On the go and making sure all her customers were HAPPY. We were. My husband had the porterhouse steak and it was cooked to perfection. I had the fried chicken on the lighter side - crispy & hot! This is a supper club and we were served 4 salads on a tier serving dish. There was slaw, pasta pea salad, something like a bean pasta salad and the beet salad which is not for everyone including me but my husband liked it. Hot rolls with soft butter, extra napkins without asking - I mean they & by they the entire staff including bartenders ( we had April & Jenny ) were all terrific. They also told us a secret that I was given permission to share - Shawn is enlarging the restaurant & remodeling. This place is a GEM! Before I forget we got a hint from another review to try the lobster bites and we did and we'll order them again - delish!

Reviewed 12 April 2018 via mobile

Really enjoyed our dinner with friends at Stagecoach tonight. The guys had the queen cut prime rib (Wednesday special) it was excellent. Ladies had the shrimp. They do get quite busy, it's worth the wait. I'm sure we'll be going back. If you enjoy a "Wisconsin Supper Club" you must go to the Stagecoach.