All reviewsbubble bathsticky bunsapple pietreehouse suitepaul newmancomplimentary bottleromantic getawaybreakfast delivered to our roomday bedperson whirlpoolwafflesgas fireplacehomemade breakfastspecial desserta queen size bedb bswedding night
Reviewed 28 August 2011

Everything was soo great, the room, the setting, the land, the great BREAKFAST!, the ammenities! We WILL be BACK!

Christopher and Stephanie

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Christopher S
Reviewed 10 August 2011

My family and I have traveled the world. We have stayed in really high end places and we have stayed in more simple accommodations. We usually stay at the Abbey when we travel up to Fontana, but it was sold out that evening.

Bottom line about this place is that I have never been treated so rudely. I will never forget how unwelcome they made me and my well mannered teenage daughters feel.

They market themselves as "the perfect get away for couples," but what their word ladened website and reservations form should say is, "NOBODY UNDER THE AGE OF 18 ALLOWED: we are a couples ONLY facility." I booked my room online and indicated 3 people would be staying. Then I was treated like a criminal from the moment we arrived until the moment we exited the place.

There is a way to communicate issues in a nice, professional way. Eye rolling, sour faced expressions and acting like someone who made the effort to stay with you has done something wrong for not being able to interpret your poorly worded website is deplorable. Saying things like "I spoke to the owner and you can stay tonight as long as your daughters do not leave the room, come in the lobby or walk outside" is absurd. Should I cage them too?!! Not offering to make phone calls to help secure other lodging is inhospitable.

The icing on the cake was when she then suggested that I use the $175 fee charged to my credit card to come back and spend the night with my husband in the future. I thought about that remark as I turned around and drove my lovely well mannered young ladies all the way back home. Are you kidding me?

Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank TravelACCe
LakeGenevaLady, Owner at Lazy Cloud Lodge Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2011

It is regrettable that what was undoubtedly surprise was interpreted as rudeness - we haven't had anyone arrive with children in more than 10 years. The policies section in our website states that we cannot accommodate children or pets (although we love them both), and our guests count on that; our emphasis is on a romantic getaway for couples. Our innkeepers both apologized for the misunderstanding; a full refund was given, and this was followed up by an e-mail the next day. They also agreed that your daughters were very well mannered young ladies.

Our primary goal is to ensure that our guests have as enjoyable a stay as possible; thus, customer service is a very high priority. Our innkeepers are chosen with that in mind, and we would not tolerate a rude one; we know that our many repeat guests would agree. The innkeeper in question has received many compliments on her excellent customer service. We are sorry that we have had to address this, and we look forward to continuing to provide the best service possible for our guests in the years to come.

Reviewed 24 July 2011

My husband and I got married in Lake Geneva, had our reception at The Geneva Inn, and chose The Lazy Cloud Lodge for 3 days before honeymooning at The Biltmore in North Carolina. It was the PERFECT place!

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 July 2011

We have stayed here twice. First for our honeymoon in June 2010 in the Log Cabin Suite. Then in January 2011 in the Newman Suite. Both rooms were wonderful! Our favorite part is definitely the double whirlpools in the rooms! The breakfasts were delicious and the amenities wonderful! The grounds are beautiful and it is just a short drive to Lake Geneva. I would definitely recommend Lazy Cloud and we can't wait to go back!

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 June 2011

We met up with two other couples at the Lazy Cloud Bed and Breakfast to surprise our friend for her 40th birthday and also while there my husband and I celebrated our 19th wedding anniversary. We were so impressed with the Lazy Cloud B&B. It is just far enough away from Lake Geneva to get away from the hub-bub of the busy town but close enough to drive to each day. We stayed in the Log Cabin Suite. We loved it! Our suite was very spacious with a big living room and seperate bedroom. It was very clean. The bed was comfortable. My husband's complaint would be that the toliet lid didn't stay up but that didn't bother me a bit. :) He also didn't like not having a tv in our room but the main lodge has a tv so you can catch up on news and weather there. I have to say that we loved the "Dollar Game." In each suite is a journal to write down your thoughts and there are also clues to hidden dollars in your room. It's addicting! We found 15 of the 18 clues and then left one of our own. The complimentary chocolate covered strawberries and chocolates were a nice touch and delicious. The breakfast was also delicous. Everyone that worked there was so friendly and genuine. The grounds are beautiful and peaceful. The yard games were fun to play. I loved the twinkle lights that came on at night. So many small touches make Lazy Cloud Lodge Bed and Breakfast a wonderful place to stay!

Room Tip: Go to the Lazy Cloud B&B website.
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple