“Loved the hotel, not the ghost.”
Review of Hotel Retlaw

Hotel Retlaw
Ranked #8 of 14 Hotels in Fond du Lac
“Loved the hotel, not the ghost.”
Reviewed 22 January 2005

Let me start out by saying it's a great Ramada with clean rooms, and friendly staff. However, in the middle of the night, I heard the sound of someone pulling covers off the other bed. I looked at the other bed in my room, and saw the outline of a head resting on the pillow. I put my hand on it, and it was ICE cold. 30 minutes later, I am woken up again with the sound of footsteps by the bathroom. I get up, and find no one. But wait theres more, I also heard the sound of water from the sink in the bathroom. I got up, and could not find any faucet running. At that point, I just asked whoever was there to please let me have some rest. And the ghost(s) must have been listening, because after that I slept fine. Give it a chance! If you love spacious, haunted hotels, this is for you!!!

25 Thank teleholic

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Bolingbrook, Illinois
Reviewed 18 November 2003

A very nice hotel with lots of charm, but this place gave me the creeps. An older couple on the way up to the seventh floor (the floor we were both staying on) told me this hotel had a haunted past, and I didn't believe it...at first. But in the middle of the night I heard noises coming from the bathroom, so I went to investigate and found nothing. While in the bathroom I heard footsteps coming from the room near the bed, but when I looked I also found nothing. Then later in the night I woke up again, feeling like I was being held. Weird! Supposedly this place has a history, and I'm curious if something bad has happened in this old place over the years...

33 Thank jphendricks2016
Reviewed 4 August 2003

Ramada was a very nice Hotel. Service was good and the building is very clean. I had a very warm feeling there, like staying at a well kept comfortable home. One draw back was an odd occurance that woke me one night. I felt a hand resting on my chest while I was sleeping. It felt like my mother used to do when she would try to calm me down at night.
It brought back a pleasant memory, but it left me a bit on edge after that. My room was secure and I have no doubt it stayed that way all night. No explanations.

14 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 12 June 2003

Service was great! They're redoing their bar and it looks awesome. Food was good. The front desk girl said they'll be adding bands on weekends this summer. Only thing is, supposedly this place is haunted. I don't know if I believe in that stuff, but weird stuff did happen. I could hear footsteps in my room and the elevator was acting up. I asked an employee and they said the guy had been called in to fix it but they couldn't figure out the problem. Other weird things, but very cool.

11 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 22 November 2002

A good hotel, but something sat down on my bed in a dark room - and I was alone! I was later told other guests had had unusual experiences.

21 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Executive Lodge Fond du Lac
#10 of 14 in Fond du Lac
3.4 km away
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Fond du Lac

Been to Hotel Retlaw? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Hotel Retlaw

Property: Hotel Retlaw
Address: 1 N Main St, Fond du Lac, WI 54935-3419 (Formerly Ramada Plaza Hotel)
Region: United States > Wisconsin > Fond du Lac
Bar / Lounge Business Centre with Internet Access Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Children Activities (Kid / Family Friendly) Kitchenette Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Room Service Shuttle Bus service Spa Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
Ranked #8 of 14 Hotels in Fond du Lac
Hotel Class:3 star — Hotel Retlaw 3*
HOTEL RETLAW poised for luxury! Opening Fall 2017 Hotel Retlaw opened in 1923 during an era of incredible social, artistic, and cultural excitement. This remarkable hotel embraced the Roaring Twenties and all that happened during this unique time in history—the Neoclassical revival period peaked, and flappers redefined feminine style. Jazz music was all the rage and there was a sense of excitement in the air. Hotel Retlaw, a “Grande Dame” in its own right, embodied an unmistakable style of timeless elegance combined with modern edginess. Today, Hotel Retlaw is poised to retake its rightful place as one of Wisconsin’s elite hotels and a preferred destination for dignitaries, and celebrities. Original hallmarks still characterize this iconic treasure in central Wisconsin, and the hotel will undergo an unprecedented renovation beginning in the winter of 2017 that will preserve the historic significance and aesthetics of the iconic property, while infusing it with contemporary luxury. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Hotel Retlaw reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.