“Jambalaya is Awesome!!!”

Cuisines: Cajun & Creole
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 17 September 2017 via mobile

Haven't been here for a few years and it was a delightful reunion. Corn bread with jalapeños butter was a good start. Great atmosphere and superb service. Good New Orleans focused menu!!!

Reviewed 10 September 2017

Three friends and I went to Liliana's last night excited to grab what's been touted as Madison's best cajun/creole food. Instead, we received four chairs and no service. I'm genuinely not sure if Liliana's is a self-serve restaurant since we ordered a beer at 6 and 6:30 and did not get either by the time we left at 7:10. We also ordered four waters and only received three. We tried to get our waitress' attention so we could inform the restaurant that we were leaving but she literally did not tam to check on our table in the half hour before we left.
The cornbread was delicious doe. And I suppose if I were on a diet, I'd be thankful that Liliana's refused to serve me so that I could stick with that. However, as someone who went to a restaurant to drink and eat, I was rather disappointed. Honestly 1 star seems generous as I'm sure if I'd ordered a star at Liliana's, I wouldn't have received one within the hour.

Reviewed 6 September 2017

it's almost like being in New Orleans. the place looks like someone just took it from New Orleans and put it in Madison. love everything about the food and staff is very friendly.

Reviewed 28 August 2017

Had lunch here with family after my son's graduation in May. I had the red beans and rice and it was smashing!! Really delicious. Our waitperson (I'm sorry I've forgotten her name) was great, friendly, attentive, helped with choices (my sister has a severe gluten allergy and she was really helpful).

Reviewed 10 July 2017

Our server was very attentive, and we particularly enjoyed the jambalaya and the pulled pork bruschetta. The decor is lovely, and the bar had a good selection of drinks. I was however very disappointed to see that the only available ramp from street level to sidewalk level was entirely blocked by a parked car, because that space had not been designated a no-parking zone. Since I was dining with a wheelchair-bound companion, it was extremely difficult (and uncomfortable for the wheelchair occupant) to squeeze around the parked car and onto the ramp. Then, once we had reached the sidewalk, there were multiple awkward bumps to navigate, as several of the sidewalk's concrete squares directly in front of the door were uneven.

We were told by our server that the parking lot had just been painted, and they would be addressing the issue with the ramp by painting lines across that space. Hopefully that has now been completed. It would be great if someone could look into smoothing the path from ramp to restaurant, as the existing bumps are jarring for wheelchair-bound guests, and detract from what is otherwise an excellent dining experience

ParryH, Owner at Liliana's, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2017

I'm so sorry you had issues with access for your wheelchair bound companion, and I'm hoping you will come back again for another visit. There are two parking areas at Liliana's, and apparently you parked in the lot next to the bar without a handicapped entrance. The parking lot on the other side of the building adjacent to the dining room entrance has two large handicapped spots and level, easy access to the restaurant through double doors. I'm sorry your server didn't inform you of the other parking area. Please come back again for another visit and let us know if you have any other issues.

Been to Liliana's? Share your experiences!